Ic soldering Issue

Thread Starter


Joined Mar 3, 2008
hi guys
I have a small question. Say i have a 5mm chip. (see image).
How can I plug it to my circuit board or solder it?
Is there any IC bases for chip like this?
What is the packing name for these kind of ICs?

Many Thanks


Joined Jan 28, 2005
I think what you are asking for is something like a "Surfboard". These are small adaptor boards that allow you to solder your surface mount component to the board and then it provides through holes for you to wire into to access the signal pins.



Joined Jun 7, 2009
tin your traces, align your device, put light pressure on it to keep it in place, then with a sharpened pencil, flow in each pin. Use a clean soldering pencil to avoid bridges.


Joined Apr 25, 2008
You can go to u-tube and see a lot video on how to
solder Ic's and all equipment and names to help you.
You will see sharp images like you posted.
w.w.w.propbuster.com news letter/fyi
Last edited:


Joined Dec 5, 2009
Solderpaste. Great stuff for surface mount. Apply a thin bead of paste, set the chip. hold the iron a few mm above the area to be soldered and move back and forth until the solder sucks up onto the pads and leads.

And, while learning the amounts to use, if you use too little, squirt on more.
If you use too much, lay solder-sucking cord across and reheat with iron. It will remove all but what is needed to affix the component.