IC setup that only switches twice, Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampdonkey

Joined Feb 20, 2013
Hello all,

I'm new to these forums and plan on looking around and soaking up a wealth of information but first things first.

Background: I have recently purchased a Head unit (deck) for my car that has navigation and other fancy features. I can only access the nav and other features when the vehicle is in park. The radio is a Pioneer App Radio 2. Normally this is a simple solution by grounding out the parking break wire, or even a simply relay. The problem is that Pioneer got a little smarter and in order to access the nav and other features, I must put the car in park, release the parking brake, and put the car in park again for the second time. by doing this you are essentially, closing the circuit, opening the circuit, then closing the circuit again. I have wired in a temporary momentary push button that is normally closed by putting the parking brake wire from the head unit on one terminal, and a ground lead on the other. I can access the radio features by pressing the momentary push button twice.

Concept: I would like to be able to make an integrated circuit (both as a hobby and a learning experience, I know the momentary switch is the easiest solution) that could achieve this two stage switch. I have looked into the 555 timers, binary counters, and flip-flops, but have yet to be able to figure out a way to make them switch a certain amount of times on their own. Any advice or solution help will be gratefully appreciated.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Technically it is disabling a safety feature of a vehicle and puts the user at high risk. So it is generally off limits, IMHO.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus