IC ID Help

gtr_stitch

Joined Jan 3, 2011
I've recently come across a particular little IC and cannot figure out it's charactaristics. I've googled and googled and can't come across any kind of information or datasheet that pertains to it.
The top reads -
"New Bright
T6627A 0408"
No matter what I do, I can't find anything on it.
Anyone out here have any other ideas?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~Stitch

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I've never heard of them either. Could have been a one run company that made a bunch of those cars with a custom IC and vanished. There seems to be a few of them around that can't be identified, or have companies that don't show up on a search.

Did the IC fail, or were you attempting to make a different circuit with it?

gtr_stitch

Joined Jan 3, 2011
it didnt fail (that i know of) but i guess i was or was planning to use it in a different circuit. ever since i began my circuitry endeavors, i have always been on the lookout for electronics that are either broken or obsolete. i then strip them down to their bare parts and salvage what i can (caps, resistors, transistors, etc). i just found this one in an old rc car remot controller and thought it might be an interesting little thing. i guess i didnt figure how interesting (or uninteresting) it might be just trying to find out what it is and/or does.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Try to trace the inputs, power and ground are usually easy to identify, then see what the other pins lead to, such as input buttons, antenna, etc, to get an idea of the function.

You could also use the entire PC board for another project if you have a scope and are able to decode the output.

gtr_stitch

Joined Jan 3, 2011
Thats a great idea. I wish I would have thought of that. I sure hope I still have the pc board. I usually discard anything I don't want. I may have to rethink that.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Microchip Technology’s MCP9509/10 devices are programmablelogic output temperature switches. Thetemperature switch threshold can be programmed witha single external resistor, which provides high designflexibility and simplicity.
In addition, this family ofdevices provide user programmable features such as2°C and 10°C (typical) switch hysteresis and outputstructure configuration. The MCP9509 provides anopen drain output, whereas the is offered inthree different user selectable output configurations:Active-low/Active-high push pull and Active-LowOpen-Drain output with an internal 100 kΩ pull-upresistor.
What connection? Are posting in the wrong thread?

Ken

gtr_stitch

Joined Jan 3, 2011
Startf - i think you might be misinformed.
Ken - yea, i looked there. it was a dead end for me. i guess ill never know what it does.