I2C address and WP pins on MCP4641

Hemi

Joined Mar 17, 2012
I have a project that I'm designing with three MCP4641 digital potentiometers. datasheet

Has anyone used one of these before? I've used many different I2C devices, but the datasheet has me scratching my head on both the A0 address pin and the WP pin. (page 35 of datasheet has pin descriptions)

I don't understand what this is saying:
The state of the A0 address pin is latch on POR/BOR. This is required since High Voltage commands force this pin (HVC/A0) to the VIHH level.
I won't be using the WiperLock so my hunch is I should tie A0 to ground on all three of the devices and configure A1 and A2 high or low to set the addresses, 0101:A2:A1:A0, so 0101000, 0101010, and 0101100 (page 50 of datasheet)

Also the WP pin has a line over the top so it's active low but I can't find where it indicates if it should be pulled high to enable writing or can be left floating. Since page 35 of datasheet indicates it has a "smart" pullup, does that mean I should just leave it floating?

I'd like to get some confirmation other than wasting one of these by soldering it onto a breakout board and testing it.

Thanks.