i want to convert 1 millivolt to 1 volt.

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by kamranraj, Jan 24, 2012.

  1. kamranraj

    Thread Starter New Member

    Jun 4, 2010
    i want to convert 1 millivolt to 1 volt.plz give me circuit diagram.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. evilclem

    Active Member

    Dec 20, 2011
    Using an amplifier?
  3. wmodavis

    Well-Known Member

    Oct 23, 2010
    Study up on how to make an op-amp circuit with a gain of 1000. Circuits abound.
  4. wayneh


    Sep 9, 2010
    If you're talking about 1mV over ground being amplified to 1V over ground, and you want to use a single supply, you'll need an op-amp that includes the lower rail. Not hard to find, but you may not get this property if you don't specify it.
  5. Audioguru

    AAC Fanatic!

    Dec 20, 2007
    The frequency is not stated. An old 741 opamp has a gain of 1000 only at frequencies less than about 800Hz.
  6. Jon Wilder

    New Member

    Oct 25, 2011
    Perhaps if you would try ASKING rather than TELLING us to give you a circuit diagram...

    As was stated above, what you need is a voltage amplifier. The total amplifier gain would need to be a gain of about 1,000, which you can either do with multiple cascaded bipolar transistor or FET stages or you can do with a couple of cascaded op amp stages.

    You don't necessarily need a dual polarity rail power supply. You can do it with a single rail but you would have to capacitor couple the input and output. If you decide to go single rail and you need a 1Vrms output, you would need to have a minimum supply voltage of at least 3V.