I think I am going to cry. How do people believe this?

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Clever Little Clock is a digital clock which when placed upon your audio or video equipment improves the quality substantially.

It is, in effect, a Casio travel clock, available for under $10, with a sticker on it, and sells for about $300.

I can immediately say it will have an effect. It will massively improve the audio quality of your system. Just don't expect your friends to notice. After all, if you've spend $300, you're going to hear the difference, if only in the fact that you sit a little lower on your couch because your wallet is noticeably thinner.

The explanation of how it works is hilarious! I mean, honestly...

"The Clever Little Clock addresses an esoteric but fundamental problem that occurs when playing [...] the observer is confronted - subconsciously - by time coordinates that are different from the Present Time coordinates he's been using his entire life to time-stamp sensory information. What are these interfering time coordinates, where do they come from and why are they a problem? The alien time coordinates are contained in the recording (or videotape). The time coordinates (of what was then Present Time) of the recorded performance, millisecond by millisecond, are captured inadvertently along with the acoustic information. When a recording is played, the time coordinates from the recording session (which are now Past Time coordinates) are reproduced by the speakers along with the acoustic signals of the recorded event. Those Past Time signals become entangled, integrated in the listener's mind with Present Time signals. Because the listener is accustomed to using Present Time signals to synchronize his chronological memory, he subconsciously perceives the confusing, interloping Past Time signals as a threat. This perceived threat produces the fight-or-flight response, which in turn degrades his sensory capabilities. The reason that live television broadcasts, like the Superbowl and the 2010 Olympics, are generally observed to have superior audio and video compared to taped broadcasts is that they don't contain Past Time signals, only Present Time ones."

I swear the people who wrote this must have been laughing off their chair. No reasonable person can believe this. Right? Please tell me I'm right. I might have lost hope in humanity for the fifth time today after seeing some of these products.

Now the CD player and the tube amp, those are somewhat reasonable products. I must comment that the CD player uses a VFD display. Surely this will be adding interference from its AC filament voltage? :rolleyes: Oh no, there's some microcontroller in there, adding "digital murkiness" or whatever it is.

But then... we get onto speaker stands... power cords... a CD cleaner... a CD demagnetiser (what??)... and a digital clock with a sticker on it...

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
If english was my mother tongue I would certainly find other words too for this crap.
The worst is not that someone sells it, the worst is that people believe in this stuff and BUY it, and it's NOT cheap !!! :eek:
If I had the money (and time) I'd like to develop a website to unveil these schemes. I'd buy the stuff test it and make publicity against it so that never ever someone buys it again.... :mad:

However, I liked the CD-demagnetizer, I think I'll get one of those. :D

JingleJoe

Joined Jul 23, 2011
I lost hope in humanity quite some time ago. Join me in the hopeless brigade, all you need is a nuclear bunker, a swiss army knife and a stock of tinned food.

Now sit back and laugh at those foolish enough to fall for such scams :)

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
If english was my mother tongue I would certainly find other words too for this crap.
The worst is not that someone sells it, the worst is that people believe in this stuff and BUY it, and it's NOT cheap !!! :eek:
If I had the money (and time) I'd like to develop a website to unveil these schemes. I'd buy the stuff test it and make publicity against it so that never ever someone buys it again.... :mad:

However, I liked the CD-demagnetizer, I think I'll get one of those. :D
Sounds like a grand idea. You'll need a deep pocket though; Pear Cable will set you back $7,250 for 12 foot!

If you want to get rich quick, how about setting up an audiophile magazine? Review products favourably and get paid. Then sell on the gear!

Or even better yet import it by the boatload from China and sell it on at a 2,000x markup!

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Now sit back and laugh at those foolish enough to fall for such scams :)
I don't laugh at them, I feel sorry for them. There are so many people that don't have an idea how things work and they are getting ripped off every day.

That's why I hate working as a salesman, selling people what they don't want, don't need and in cases like this doesn't even work.

These guys are true "a...."

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
Hey, there are predators and there are prey. It happens throughout the food chain across all species. I sure don't lose any sleep over it... :p

JingleJoe

Joined Jul 23, 2011
I don't laugh at them, I feel sorry for them. There are so many people that don't have an idea how things work and they are getting ripped off every day.
Oh I sympathize with you, it is terribly unfortunate for them ... pfffaaaahahahahahaha! But satisfyingly amusing too!

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Oh I sympathize with you, it is terribly unfortunate for them ... pfffaaaahahahahahaha! But satisfyingly amusing too!
LOL, yeah you are right:D

It's just... I bought a car a few years ago and got terribly ripped off. I have to admit, it was my fault, but I still consider the saleman an a.... , a big one. :-/

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
DVD-Rewinder :eek::eek::eek:

Fortunately this is intended to be a joke... (on their website).

Someone thought about where mankind could be if we concentrate on developing and building stuff that serves us.. ?:rolleyes:

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Here's a quote, but I am obscuring the actual device they speak of:

Another stellar product. This {marvelous piece of technology} has brought more out of the Cary than an other {device} I have tried... more music, more whatever we want or expect to hear from our discs... bigger, deeper, rounder... way more enveloping soundfield. Clear and articulate...

What IS this
marvelous piece of technology? Why a digital AC cord, of course. We all know line voltages are much improved when they are referred to as "digital."

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
What IS this marvelous piece of technology? Why a digital AC cord, of course. We all know line voltages are much improved when they are referred to as "digital."
Perhaps I should ask my power company to replace the thousands of miles of copper unshielded mains cabling with premium audiophile cable. Otherwise, what's the point?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
My aunt is one of these snake oil buyers. so gullible. I have tried to explain several of things but in her eyes I'm "the boy who cried wolf"; I guess I didn't show enough proof for the first few things so now the defense goes up as soon as I lock on to one of her trinkets. She actually gets mad at me. the latest was these "power balance bands" . She's convinced they help her. If I showed her this, she wouldn't even read it and would engage in an arguement with me. I don't bother anymore. let her waste her money and be happy.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
My aunt is one of these snake oil buyers. so gullible. I have tried to explain several of things but in her eyes I'm "the boy who cried wolf"; I guess I didn't show enough proof for the first few things so now the defense goes up as soon as I lock on to one of her trinkets. She actually gets mad at me. the latest was these "power balance bands" . She's convinced they help her. If I showed her this, she wouldn't even read it and would engage in an arguement with me. I don't bother anymore. let her waste her money and be happy.
There is actually a little truth in those power bands, magnet bracelets, and similar. Not some much, in that the overpriced crap, has any special properties. It's in the belief of the one using them, and a focus point for their mind. The 'placebo effect', in other words. Taking pills to mask out pain, actually slows healing, and can lead to continued, and more serious damage as well. Doctors know this, but the also know a rich patient will find a new doctor, if they don't walk out of the office, feeling 'cure' or significantly better. It's the returning customers, who make the BMW payments.