i need to modify the input voltage of my inverter or buy one that can take around 17 volts

Odmenes

Joined Aug 1, 2019
I have built a lithium ion 3s 16 p battery each cell is 3000 mili amp hour. The problem was that my inverters minimum input voltage was 11 so as soon as the batteries voltage went below 11 volts (the capacity of the battery was still pretty high) it shut off. My solution was to rearrange the cells into a 4s 12p configuration, however, the voltage than was too high at 16.4 volts. I was wondering if there was any way to adjust the input voltage on the inverter or if there was an inverter that could take 17 volts.

Marc Sugrue

Joined Jan 19, 2018
Perhaps look at creating a pre regulator such as boost or buck boost for your inverter. With a pre regulator you coul design it to cover your input operating range and give a constant voltage to your inverter. Doing this will add another 10% losses but will achieve what your looking for.

oz93666

Joined Sep 7, 2010
This is the problem with li-ion when matching for inverters designed for lead acid ....3s is too low 4s is too high .....

One solution .... 7s is a pretty good match for 24V ...

You have to change to 7s and get a 24V inverter ....

If you don't want to change inverters then go for 4s and undercharge the cells ... they are NOT happy going to 4.2 V and will only give a life of 400cycles ... charged to 3.93V you get 3,000 cycles , (but only 65% rated storage)

Odmenes

Joined Aug 1, 2019
Perhaps look at creating a pre regulator such as boost or buck boost for your inverter. With a pre regulator you coul design it to cover your input operating range and give a constant voltage to your inverter. Doing this will add another 10% losses but will achieve what your looking for.
I had this idea too, but i could not fine any step up converters that could handle this many amps.