I need Someone to help me Urgent in Designing The Layout for the PCB

khushal1988

Joined Nov 12, 2010
i have a circuit diagram and need some one to design the PCB layout for that so i could print out and make my circuit ready to present demo i am in urgent help please help me out i have just 1 day left and i designed once but failed to succeed please make the layout shall be very thankful. ... in the attachments 1 image is of circuit diagram and other picture is of components used in the circuit please help out.

Attachments

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
No need to double post buddy...given the time difference...you have to wait around 24Hrs. for a workable reply

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
... i have just 1 day left and i designed once but failed to succeed ...
And what have you learned from that failure?

These things take time and attention to detail. First step is to get the dimensions of all the components and the hole placement required for the leads. Lay out the parts, keeping in mind the later connections. It's best to layout for minimum interconnections but it's faster - and easier to diagnose - to take more room and keep things "modular". Interconnects come last.

khushal1988

Joined Nov 12, 2010
i have short time left , and learnt many thing in the previous month by experimenting again and again but now i am in urgent need of layout to print and solder it tomorow cx monday is my demo of project need it to be in working condition please help me designig the layout.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
This request must be related to your other thread - http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=46806&page=3

I have used ExpressPCD for some time. The correct pattern for a TO-220 device is in the standard library of components. The one layout you have shown in the other thread might be good, but for the strange handling of the IRF540's where all the pads are shorted together.

Have you got the data sheet for the IRF540? Use the device designator as a search term to find one. The data sheet clearly shows the package details and the usage of each of the three pins.

In ExpressPCB, the correct pattern is "Semiconductor - TO220, without mounting hole (ie 7805 vreg". The heavy line parallel to the three pads is in the silkscreen layer. It is an indicator of the device's orientation - the metal tab should be on that side of the pads. With the orientation established, the pad functions are easy to relate to the data sheet.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I've drawn schematics and their PCB in Paint. If you don't have time to climb the learning curve before class there are other ways.

Sarge is right though, this site is meant to teach. This means we will explain how to do something, and give technical advice, but rarely do the work for you. The idea is you need to learn how to do it.

If you have a good hand you can hand draw the PCB yourself using a Sharpie (a brand of magic marker) and etchant.

tyblu

Joined Nov 29, 2010
I'll give you gerbers, pdf and postscript of the complete board within 6 hours of you posting the package details of every part and $2200 in my PayPal account.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010

I did it but I chose to use a fuse on board. The DC input jack should be shorted pin 1 to 2 with nothing plugged in. Pin one floats unconnected when a male pin is inserted in the power jack. A 24 volt battery connection is made at pin 1, DC jack power goes in through pin 2. battery power goes pin one to pin two with nothing in the power jack. Large solder positions are on mosfet ground and power. The 7812 is in a TO92 package. If you can use any of it good luck. By using jumper wire for the connections in RED you can etch a one sided board.

Good luck and don't bitch if I missed something. The power ground and IC ground connect only near the signal jack

Black wire jumper 4 to 5
Red wire jumper 6 to 7
Move 1 and 2 to the blue space just below where they are currently

Last edited:

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I've done some double checking and I'm pretty sure it matches your drawing. Have you made any updates to the drawing you posted?

Are you SURE the schematic you have is a working circuit? It worked in breadboard form?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010

THAT picture should be useable. If not I can upload the eagle file.

It's full of errors, so it won't make a gerber file or any other kind of file without lots of work that I'm not doing, but the graphics are loads better.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
@kermit2

You are very good at that. Can I trouble you with something similar...I might make it worth ur while
I'm a slow witted, idiot savant. Sure! I'll help!

Now that it has been offered so quickly, decide if you REALLY want that help.

:) (Cue Final Jeopardy Theme music)

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010

Pretty much. don't have any place to do the chemical etch.

And it's not CNC right now. Just MeNC. :)

TYBLU : Your question was supposed to be in quotes right here. Just use your imagination everyone!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I like you..u'r my kinda guy....

Sorry if it disappointing u but what I have is rather small.
The thing is that I can draw a schema but when it comes to actually transferring it a PCB, I kinda get the hiccups..maybe because I never tried it. I would love to learn but as of now I just can't seem to get the time to study...too much work and family errands

What I have is something like 2" by 2" PCB. It's for an Amplifier that our famous wannabe's here tried to fix. After years of repairing (trying to) it ended up with missing parts and components . Since I am the Audio guy around here, I get all the hopeless customers. This is really the story of my life. It's a vintage piece and my customer actually loves it so much tht he begged me to make it for him.

I think I'll once again entertain the good folks of AAC with one of true story that is intertwined with this PCB job.
Since you so humbly agreed to do this for me,I think it is only fair for me to tell u, once again, the good old electronic tech stories of the that guy who lives in no where land.

I'll let you know once I open a thread for this, no need to hijack OP's thread. Right?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I say hijack away. The 'job' is done. Balls in his court. I'm out of witty sayings.

To the OP. Good luck with it. It's my first community service board. :)

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
@Kermit
When you machine it, do you do it to dimension or do you print the pattern on the copper and follow that? That would be a lot of turn counting to do it by dimensions only.

edit: Based on the related threads, this project is due sometime around 10AM EST (1500 GMT) today.

John