I need some projects to do

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hello,

As seen in the title, I need some projects to do now.

Would somebody give me some good projects that are safe to build?

I would greatly appreciate that......

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
how about a Joule thief? ;)

This will help greatly with you and your friends. It allows "dead" batteries to light white leds.

The build will also teach you about inductors, and winding your OWN inductors. Transistors, point to point wiring.. Just a good project to get the brain working:
http://www.bigclive.com/joule.htm

Here is a member that used one for lighting his pet mouses' cage:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54028

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
how about a Joule thief? ;)

This will help greatly with you and your friends. It allows "dead" batteries to light white leds.

The build will also teach you about inductors, and winding your OWN inductors. Transistors, point to point wiring.. Just a good project to get the brain working:
http://www.bigclive.com/joule.htm

Here is a member that used one for lighting his pet mouses' cage:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54028
I am alone. I want to do it alone.;)I don't have much friends...;)

Um, I don't like the joule thief. :D

i want to build converter. 12VDC/12AH battery to 24V/24AH if possible. :D

I need things. :D Pls say if it is possible~

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You will need the skills learned from the joule thief before even THINKING about building a DC to DC converter.

And, it is not possible to go from 12vcd/12ah to 24vdc/24ah..

It doesn't work like that. If you double the voltage, you will lose at least HALF the AH.

So the 12v 12AH would be less than 24v 6AH

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
You will need the skills learned from the joule thief before even THINKING about building a DC to DC converter.

And, it is not possible to go from 12vcd/12ah to 24vdc/24ah..

It doesn't work like that. If you double the voltage, you will lose at least HALF the AH.

So the 12v 12AH would be less than 24v 6AH
Okay.:(:D

:D:DMeans, if I will decrease the voltage in about 50%, the AH will increase in about 50%.

So like that, 12VDC/12AH->6VDC/18AH

Heya, please convert 2000μ AMP to amps (like 1 amp, 0.1, 0.01 amp)

THANKS!~

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
I don't want to waste time. :) I want to learn electronics at a very young age as much as possible. Hopes that I knew somebody that knows electronics so I could ask things. :( Yea, all of you do like that.

:) I want a school that accepts young for electronics learning...

Lightfire->Light_Catapult:D

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I don't want to waste time. :)
That is why I told you about the google calculator. It will help save you time.

Have you read the All About Circuits eBook yet?

It only takes an hour to read, and you will learn TONS!

Things will start to make sense to you.

Read it.

You are hurting yourself by not doing so. You will waste more time thinking about and asking about things that you would already know if you read the eBook.

If you read it today, you will be YEARS ahead of what other can do tomorrow.

Do it.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I don't want to waste time. :) I want to learn electronics at a very young age as much as possible.
Don't worry, you've got plenty of time ahead of you. No need to cut corners--It will only hurt you in the future. The best thing I can suggest is to do a lot of studying before really building any major projects. If you want to learn electronics, you need to learn the basics first. Once you understand how electricity works, you can move on to more interesting projects. :)
Der Strom

K7GUH

Joined Jan 28, 2011
I would suggest a simple crystal set radio receiver, then perhaps a one transistor code practice oscillator. If you're ambitious, then a simple regenerative receiver. These can all be done without any dangerous voltages lurking in wait for young fingers.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Maybe you could google for simple kits that will be useful tools for you to use.

Things like; simple transistor tester, adjustable power supply, capacitance meter, 555 signal generator etc. These will be of great help when you later want to build more difficult projects. :)