I need schematic to prevent audible glitch when connecting Apple earbuds to iPhone & recorder

DxEditor

Joined Jan 4, 2021
**BEWARE** The video link contains a low and high frequency audio glitch and could harm your speakers and certainly annoy your ears. Turn your volume down before listening.

Hello,

I spliced into the path of an Apple wired headset (earbuds) so that I can record the phone call on an external portable recorder. Of the TRRS wires, I connected the Left & Right to plus the ground to an 1/8" mini stereo male jack. That goes into the recorder. I also took the Mic & ground wires and went to a 1/4" tip/sleeve jack. This also goes to the recorder. The Apple headset wire then continues on to a lightning adapter so it can get into the phone.

When the 2 cables are not going into the recorder. I can connect the lightning adapter (& harness) to the phone without a huge glitch. The person on the other end just hears the normal connection.

When I already have the 2 cables connected to the recorder and then connect the lightning adapter (& harness) to the phone, there is a huge glitch on the mic record track as the microphone is being powered on by the phone.

I need to know if there is a way I can prevent this glitch from being recorded and heard on the other end of the phone call. Why is the glitch happening only when the recorder is connected?

Both sides of the phone call are aware it is being recorded.

Here's a link to a video showing the issue. (I crossfade in the middle from camera audio to recorder audio):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9puxb0mvwvm9d58/TascamGlitchVideo2.mov?dl=0

**BEWARE** The video link contains a low and high frequency audio glitch and could harm your speakers and certainly annoy your ears. Turn your volume down before listening.