I need help

brioux

Joined Jan 12, 2008
I have my speakers wires going to electrical gang boxes. How do I connect my Boston Acoustics Micro 110x speakers to the electrical box. The supplied brackets don't fit and the optional UMB-1 articulating bracket doesn't fit either. Both are designed to make a hole in the wall. The Boston Acoustic website is also useless. Any ideas anyone?

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
When you say "gang box," do you refer to a "single gang box" or "double gang box," or to some other enclosure?

The key is whether your screw lugs are 3-9/32" apart.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I have done some in-wall speaker wiring. I got blank wall plates and drilled them for banana jacks - 5/16" holes on 3/4" centers. Connect the speakers with dual banana plugs.

brioux

Joined Jan 12, 2008
Thanks for the replies. The speaker screw sets are not wide enough to line up with the single gang electrical box. I don't have a problem wiring the speaker once I figure out how to secure it to the electrical box

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Try to find a "yoke" that will adapt the two. This will be a curvy flat piece of metal with holes matching the single gang box and holes matching the device. If all else fails, you could fabricate your own yoke from a bit of sheet metal using hacksaw, file, drill, taps, time, and patience.