I need help with a project!

vinny8765

Joined May 28, 2012
I'm an electronics newbie but I understand most of the vocabulary any how for my project I'm trying to open a 24V electronic valve(works with 18V) for a certain amount of time like for example 3/4th of a second with a Lm555 IC. How would the schematic look like?

vinny8765

Joined May 28, 2012
Batteries are DC and won't operate an AC device.
I've made a simple circuit with the batteries hooked up to a switch and manage to open the valve and close the valve even with it holding back 120 psi. All I want it to do is when I press a momentary button is to open the valve for a certain amount of time

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
How to do what you want depends mainly upon the power requirements for the valve. Post the part number and manufacturer of the valve, or better yet, post a link to the data sheet for the valve. Someone here can help.

vinny8765

Joined May 28, 2012
How to do what you want depends mainly upon the power requirements for the valve. Post the part number and manufacturer of the valve, or better yet, post a link to the data sheet for the valve. Someone here can help.
Orbit sprinkler valve model #57041. I wasn't able to find a pdf of it or at least a link. All I know is it's a 24V AC 50/60cycle Solenoid