i Need Help (Badly)

Drtechmaster

Joined Jul 27, 2005
I am a novice at programming and I need some help.
If you're a pro don't waste your time here

Could Anyone give me some tips about creating .exe programs with the basic language?

Anyone got a good program writer for basic?

Anyone got a list of commands used in the basic language?

again if you have better things to do don't bother with this

Thanks.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

I think Quickbasic is still available from several sources on the net. It has the best editor you'll ever find. The compiler is capable of making stand-alone executables.

There are more recent variants of Basic - like XBASIC - available. They are all free, and come with documentation and grammers.

Good luck!

davespringer

Joined Jul 27, 2005
Originally posted by beenthere@Jul 29 2005, 07:28 AM
Hi,

I think Quickbasic is still available from several sources on the net. It has the best editor you'll ever find. The compiler is capable of making stand-alone executables.

There are more recent variants of Basic - like XBASIC - available. They are all free, and come with documentation and grammers.

Good luck!
[post=9330]Quoted post[/post]​
Is there a compelling reason to use BASIC? Why do you need to make a .exe? Maybe you can use VisualBASIC or something like it. What is the problem you are solving? There might be a better way to solve it than using BASIC, such as python, perl, java, C, ...

n9xv

Joined Jan 18, 2005
Qbasic is an excellent way to get started in programing. It's a high level language that can be used to draw, color or do anything you put your mind to. You can write very eleborate programs or the simplest of programs. I would recomend QB45. Thats Qbasic version 4.5. It has it own compiler and you you can make .EXE programs from the pull down menus. you can download it here. Create a program, post it here on the forum and let us take a look at it. Once you learn what you can do in Qbasic, you'll find it alot of fun to use.