I need a transmitter and receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaban ahmad

Joined Dec 16, 2011
I m making a "combat robot" as a final project of my college. I need a transmitter and receiver. I have barrel turret through bullet can be fired, radio camera in synchronization with the turret can rotate up and down ,left and right up to a safe firing limit. Tell me can I used a simpel transmitter and receiver remote control system of a car.:rolleyes:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The Completed Projects Forum is for Completed Projects only. It is meant to allow members to show plans for projects they built so other members can duplicate them if desired. Your thread does not belong in this forum, so was moved to a more appropriate forum.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I just reread your post, are you talking about shooting a real bullet? This violates our safety rules by wide margin. I am going to close this thread now.

The sport of Robotic Combat takes safety extremely serious. Nowdays they use very special transmitters/receivers that will shut the machine completely down if signal is lost, and use digital frequency jumping to try to prevent interference. If the signal is jammed the robot shuts down. A simple RC car remote has not been acceptable to the sport for almost 10 years or more, I would suggest you take your que from them.

I strongly recommend you google combat robots (the sport) before you think of engaging a deadly weapon. At the very least use blanks!

Delphi forums have several very good forums that can advise you where to get these transmitters and receivers. They are expensive, but the life you save may be your own!

Status
Not open for further replies.