I need a solar charger to charge both AAA and mobile phone

leche

Joined Apr 1, 2011
Dear friends.I am a beginner about electronic circuits.I just created a few basic circuits successfully.I have a 6V 150 MaH solar cell.Now i want to create a solar charger which can charge both 2 AAA(or AA) NiMH batteries and my mobile phone (nokia 5800).So what can i do to about it?Do you have any circut diagrams to share with me?Thanks.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I said to get a 12V one as I presume it comes with standard and u said u need to charge a phone. As phone sometimes require 5V, have to see ur one to be sure.
6V might be too low for a panel charging app.

Before everything u need to find ur total load requirements at worst case. Then find a suitable panel and build the DC to DC converters to charge and for the phone

leche

Joined Apr 1, 2011
I said to get a 12V one as I presume it comes with standard and u said u need to charge a phone. As phone sometimes require 5V, have to see ur one to be sure.
6V might be too low for a panel charging app.

Before everything u need to find ur total load requirements at worst case. Then find a suitable panel and build the DC to DC converters to charge and for the phone
Thanks for replies.I can charge mobile phone and 2 cells bateries different times.On the phone's AC charger was written that output of the charger is : 5V 890MaH.

And i might want to charge 2 cells AAA or AA NimH batteries when the charger doesn't charge the phone.

I mean i don't want to charge the batteries and the phone at same time.So would a 6V 150 Mah cell enough for me?

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
It might help if we got our units right here. Battery capacity is specified in ampere hours (Ah), or for smaller types milli-ampere hours (mAh). Do not write MAh as this implies mega amp hours, i.e. millions of Ah.

The Ah or mAh capacity tells us the amount of charge the battery will hold, so a 1Ah (1000mAh) battery might supply 100mA for 10 hours, or 50mA for 20 hours.

A charger may be designed for a given capacity of battery in mAh, but a basic solar panel will not normally be rated this way. Such a panel will literally go on pumping out current as long as the sun shines, so you can talk about its output in mA, but not mAh.