I need a bank of capacitors for 220vac.

POWER NEW

Joined Aug 22, 2018
Want to have power, time set release. One generator change's capacitors bank. Then the capacitors bank boost the motor for 3 sec.
Can someone help some on this?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Capacitors are not generally used to store AC power. Capacitors are really really lousy at supplying AC power to a motor. In fact they cannot do it at all. Where did you get the quaint notion that this was a practical thing to do?

POWER NEW

Joined Aug 22, 2018
Worked with 600V+- having large capacitors banks to shift voltage phase to compensate for power and hold a charge for temporary use. 3 phase & single phase

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Worked with 600V+- having large capacitors banks to shift voltage phase to compensate for power and hold a charge for temporary use. 3 phase & single phase
I'm OK with phase shifting, but "hold a charge for temporary use" seems fanciful. AC power has a sinusoidal waveform. Capacitors when charging and discharging have an exponential waveform. You can't even make those two things remotely equivalent.

POWER NEW

Joined Aug 22, 2018
Max
This is getting close to what I think will work.
I am building a new type of power machine, that will cut the cost of power.
Working with this idea, I think it can be made to work.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Max
This is getting close to what I think will work.
I am building a new type of power machine, that will cut the cost of power.
Working with this idea, I think it can be made to work.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence which you have all to conveniently failed to provide. This intro is skating perilously close to previously debunked over unity systems.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
TS is vague on what he is attempting to do.

You can store AC voltage in a capacitor bank by charging each capacitor to a DC voltage at different phase intervals and then releasing the charge in reverse fashion when needed.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
TS is vague on what he is attempting to do.

You can store AC voltage in a capacitor bank by charging each capacitor to a DC voltage at different phase intervals and then releasing the charge in reverse fashion when needed.
Oh....OK got it. It wasn't immediately clear from just the picture. So would this not require a good deal of control and decision making circuitry?

POWER NEW

Joined Aug 22, 2018
This type of project has not been completed. Everything in this project has been done from the being. This power boost capacitors bank has to be made, can not find one that will work right out of the box.

Have been working on this project for about 3 years. With new parts and electronics that have come on the market, we can move on. I am about to get this machine, at the stage of completion. Down to the design of the PCB. Stand-by energy from capacitors bank or another method.

POWER NEW

Joined Aug 22, 2018
Want to run an electric motor at a set amp. When amps drop, do to volts drop have the electronic circuit to control the capacitors to pick it back up.

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Use a switch-mode uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
AC mains powers the motor and keeps the battery in the UPS charged. When AC power fails, the UPS switches over automatically.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Use a switch-mode uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
AC mains powers the motor and keeps the battery in the UPS charged. When AC power fails, the UPS switches over automatically.
Of course the UPS may have some trouble matching the mains for "up-time". Might only be a couple of minutes.

POWER NEW

Joined Aug 22, 2018
Sorry for not giving a lot of details.
This project is being worked up to be patented.

We are working on a small prototype of this project, to get the parts made to test with less cost.
Capacitor bank looks like the best way to go.