I love FL!

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Why do they attach the term "Assault Rifle" to AK-47?

Assault Rifles ae by definition, fully automatic in creation by Germans. Civilian AK-47s are semi-automatic only. Still fun to shoot, but no more dangerous than a bolt gun.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Hm...A big truck AND a AK-47. I guess both are in particular really not needed for most. But they may both serve as a placebo grow instrument for a male specific organ.

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009

Assault Rifles ae by definition, fully automatic in creation by Germans. Civilian AK-47s are semi-automatic only. Still fun to shoot, but no more dangerous than a bolt gun.

Assault Rifle makes them sound more dangerous. If they had news media in caveman days they probably talked about Assault Bow and Arrows.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
An original AK-47 is indeed an assault rifle. But those who are legally in the USA. Will strictly speaking not fell into the assault rifle category. Since it it only can be fired in semi–automatic mode. An assault rifle shall by most definitions be capable of both fully automatic and semi-automatic fire

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
As I understand it a simple (but illegal) modification will return them to their coveted illegal status.

I'd like to fire a fully automatic weapon some time, but I really have no interest in owning one. Far as I am concerned the perfect home defense weapon is the shot gun.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009

The only thing stopping your civi AK from firing full auto is a tiny peice of steal you can file down in about 3 minutes, its really easy and any 16 year old gang banger can do it for you. Also this is Princeton Dictionary definition of an asault rifle = any of the automatic rifles or semiautomatic rifles with large magazines designed for military use , and the AK fits this perfectly so by all means it is an assault rifle.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
As I understand it a simple (but illegal) modification will return them to their coveted illegal status.

I'd like to fire a fully automatic weapon some time, but I really have no interest in owning one. Far as I am concerned the perfect home defense weapon is the shot gun.
Bill, you can own fully automatic guns with proper permits. Most shooting ranges have instructors and permits for such guns. At my local range we have an HK MP5, M-4, and a AK 47 all full auto. You can't fire them alone and have to hire the instructor to be in the same stall with you the whole time but you are more then able to roll up to a range. Whip out your FL ID and squeeze off a couple hundred rounds in a couple minutes for the right price. Not sure how much they all are but I think the HK MP5 full auto for an hour will run you $300 - $500 an hour plus ammo. This is for the instructor, weapon rental, and stall fee. If you just like to shoot you can rent a M-1 Carbine for about $5 an hour. Most good ranges have 100+ weapons you can rent at any time. Of coarse this may just be FL and TX. As far as home defense I'll keep my Pit and Shepard. Haven't locked my door in 15 years and never been robbed.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009

I was in the army for about 10 years. I was first a MG3 operator http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheinmetall_MG_3 Then i used the G3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_G3 and later the H&K MP5 as my personal weapon. If you are 18 maybe firing rounds on full auto i cool. But the precession is very poor during such fire. You will most likely miss your target. We never trained with live ammunition and fully automatic mode. Ok then we had some fun on the shooting range :rolleyes:, I have to admit. Even then using the MG3 that only can be fired in fully automatic mode we trained using short burst. If you aim at If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time.

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I was in the army for about 10 years. I was first a MG3 operator http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheinmetall_MG_3 Then i used the G3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_G3 and later the H&K MP5 as my personal weapon. If you are 18 maybe firing rounds on full auto i cool. But the precession is very poor during such fire. You will most likely miss your target. We never trained with live ammunition and fully automatic mode. Ok then we had some fun on the shooting range :rolleyes:, I have to admit. Even then using the MG3 that only can be fired in fully automatic mode we trained using short burst. If you aim at If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time.
I was a big fan of the HK G3 in COD4. Not sure if its accurately modeled but it was an amazing gun in the game. Everything I've seen on history and military channel said basically the same thing.