I like living in West Tennessee.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Interesting, but I hope he's a better cop than a writer.

A call-to-arms letter like than in my county, I think, would cause quite an uproar.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I am entirely thrilled about a Sheriff who instructs his employees not to blow the head off every person that could stop a terrorist attack if necessary. That is the main difference between whether the terrorists are, or are not, wearing badges.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-chiefs-admit-armed-citizens-cops-deterrent-terrorism/

Besides, if you play that cowboy-with-a-badge game in Metcalf County Kentucky, my sister will tell your mama and she will whip you with your own pistol!:mad:

Last edited:

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I hope that I never need one to defend anyone including myself, but I rather have a gun and not need it, etc...

Anyone feeling suicidal should seek professional help, and absolutely does not NEED a gun.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
A call-to-arms letter like than in my county, I think, would cause quite an uproar.
Illinois, huh? Daley's Boys achieved number 2 position (second only to New York City) for, "Most Corrupt Police Department In the U.S.A" when they rioted at the 1968 Democratic National Convention. If you're going to wait for a Chicago cop to save your beans, you will have to wait until they finish sodomizing the prisoners with a toilet plunger handle.

Oh wait...that was New York City.
Still, coming in second to that kind of quality police work is quite an achievement.

I remember now. Illinois is where the governor let every person on Death Row out of jail because prosecutorial misconduct was so rampant he gave up sorting out who was guilty after he found more than half of them weren't.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Yeah, Chicago was also the last holdout against concealed carry, in willful defiance of the 2nd amendment and the Supreme Court's rulings. Illinois is a mess. Probably the worst thing of all is that years ago the unions were able to force language into the state constitution that prevents changes to benefit programs. This was probably somewhat justifiable at the time to combat the douche bags in government from reneging on negotiated benefits. But it makes fixing the debt mess next to impossible. Votes were bought in prior generations and the bills are now due.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Being anything other than a meekly passive victim would cause an uproar in Illinois.
It's getting better, I think. There have been a number of stories of homeowners defending themselves with deadly force, and not getting into much trouble, even in Chicago. The press irritates me, though, because they always write the stories as if a murder conviction is the expected result for the homeowner. If/when they get off, the press reports it like a stunning surprise. Man bites dog. They never make the presumption that no charges are warranted or expected.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Here, we are surprised if they are charged.
I'm thinking I saw some awfully nice land in Texas. I'll just be careful not to bring a clock to school.:D

But seriously, you need to weed out some of those deers.:rolleyes: I counted 23 of them dead beside the highway in one day! If they are still overflowing like that, you should be able to fill your quota with a bag of jelly beans and a stick of firewood.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
But seriously, you need to weed out some of those deers.:rolleyes: I counted 23 of them dead beside the highway in one day! If they are still overflowing like that, you should be able to fill your quota with a bag of jelly beans and a stick of firewood.
not much deer here in the concrete forest of DFW.