I just got a voice mail The license for my computer is expired!!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Send me two bitcoins and I will renew your license.

Please provide your social security number so that I can report the transaction to the federal government. Also please deposit 5 bit coins in my personal account to act as security for the transaction. Your bitcoins will promptly be returned when license is received.

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Send them an invoice for your wasted time.

I actually consider calling back an plyaing stupid. There are a number of videos out there where people do this. Some are pretty creative.

The problem is that even though the call appears to be domestic it is sometimes it is an international call even though it appears to be domestic.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I get calls all the time like these -
1. the local police will be there to arrest you for problems with your income taxes soon, just call .....
2. your computer is infected, just allow us access to fix it for you at no charge.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
1. the local police will be there to arrest you for problems with your income taxes soon, just call .....
2. your computer is infected, just allow us access to fix it for you at no charge.
Mine is Credit Cards or Auto Warranty expiration. What surprises me is Amazons offer to lower my purchase by $60 on a $100 dollar purchase, when I looked at the interest rate something like 24% plus percent I said to myself, one missed payment and they would sock you to get the money back.

kv

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Yesterday I got a sms with the text:
Your Vodafone sim card is going to expire.
Order a new sim card on (a strange looking webadress).

I do not use vodafone at all.

Bertus

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009

But the one for the prince from Nairobi is real right? I sent off $10K and I am supposed to be getting $50K in return. The check is to arrive next week. I can't wait because I would like to get this blasted mortgage paid off.