I have to do the task in which the 7-segment goes from 24-01 directly skipping 00.

MayurDeo

Joined Sep 24, 2020
Ya, but I need to count till 24 and then directly 1. Can you please help me out. I am also okay if u send me the file. Attaching my mail id:
mod: deleted email address.

Last edited by a moderator:

MayurDeo

Joined Sep 24, 2020
Like in your question you had to go to 1 after 12. So similarly, I have to go to 1 after 24. How did you solve this. So how did you defined the counter

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Like in your question you had to go to 1 after 12. So similarly, I have to go to 1 after 24. How did you solve this. So how did you defined the counter
We don't do homework for you. You need to post your work so we can see where you're having difficulty.

Is this a clock circuit? Hours in a 24 hour clock would count from 0-23, not 1-24.

MayurDeo

Joined Sep 24, 2020
We don't do homework for you. You need to post your work so we can see where you're having difficulty.

Is this a clock circuit? Hours in a 24 hour clock would count from 0-23, not 1-24.
See I have a problem like I have to make a 24 hr digital clock. I made minutes and hours counter and it works perfectly.
I have a problem like after counting 23 it counts 0 and then 1. Which is very normal for a digital 24 hr clock.

But my problem is like I have to consider 24 and then directly 01 without going to 00. But everytime I did this I go to 24-00-01 or 23-00-01 based on counter used 24 or 23.

So can you help me in the logic how to go from 24 to 01 directly without going to 00. I only need logic, then I can try. I am using 7 segment display. I need to display like 01,02,03........23,24,01,02, like this I don't want 00 between 24 and 00.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I have a problem like after counting 23 it counts 0 and then 1. Which is very normal for a digital 24 hr clock.
That isn't normal. A 24 hour clock will go from 23:59 to 00:00. It doesn't display 24:00 or go to 01:00 from there.

Post your work. Is this an asynchronous design?

EDIT: BTW, you should remove your email address from your post. AAC doesn't like to attract bots that harvest email addresses and you don't want to become a spam target.

I've requested that your posts be split off to a new thread. Your problem is different and the OP has lost interest in this topic.

MayurDeo

Joined Sep 24, 2020
That isn't normal. A 24 hour clock will go from 23:59 to 00:00. It doesn't display 24:00 or go to 01:00 from there.

Post your work. Is this an asynchronous design?

EDIT: BTW, you should remove your email address from your post. AAC doesn't like to attract bots that harvest email addresses and you don't want to become a spam target.
Hello sir/madam,
See different students have different assignments. Like I have to do the task in which the 7-segment goes from 24-01 directly skipping 00. Some have the task as attached in the photo, most of the students task are similar, every one have to skip 00 in one way or other. So please do tell the logic for skipping 00 in display.a.JPG

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Like I have to do the task in which the 7-segment goes from 24-01 directly skipping 00.
So this is some silly contrived problem, not a real 24 hour clock. Why didn't you say so?
So please do tell the logic for skipping 00 in display.
As I've already stated, we aren't allowed to do your homework for you. Even if it were allowed, I wouldn't do it because it would be unethical for me to help you cheat.

Post your attempt at the logic and answer my questions. Is this an asynchronous design?

MayurDeo

Joined Sep 24, 2020
So this is some silly contrived problem, not a real 24 hour clock. Why didn't you say so?
As I've already stated, we aren't allowed to do your homework for you. Even if it were allowed, I wouldn't do it because it would be unethical for me to help you cheat.

Post your attempt at the logic and answer my questions. Is this an asynchronous design?
See, this is a synchronous counter.
The problem with posting is this may encounter in plagiarism, that's the reason I am not posting here.
What things I done so far, these are 6-7 different tasks.
1. Implement a 00 to 59 counter- done.
2. Implement a 01-24 in which I am able to do 00-23. - doubt in this.

See, this is a synchronous counter.
The problem with posting is this may encounter in plagiarism, that's the reason I am not posting here.
What things I done so far, these are 6-7 different tasks.
1. Implement a 00 to 59 counter- done.
2. Implement a 01-24 in which I am able to do 00-23. - doubt in this.
3. Make a button to stop the minutes counter.-done
4. Make a button to stop a hours counter.-done
5. Manually change the minutes and hours in counter for 7 segment display. -done
And lastly I have to implement a 24 hr clock.
And 2 more which I can do on similar concepts, will post if I get any error.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
this is a synchronous counter.
Then your problem is different than the OP's. He was working on an asynchronous design.
If you're copying circuits from some other sources, you just need to attribute the circuit to the author. If it's a generic circuit, no one's going to accuse you of plagiarism unless you try to take credit for designing something you didn't design.

Post your work so we can see where you're having problems. If you won't post your work or answer our questions, we can't offer any guidance.