I have similar problem with ld3265d.(switching to standby)

solar77

Joined Aug 27, 2011
it start up no problem but will go to standby for no reason. sometimes, it can be fine for days, but it can happen every few minutes. Time to replace the power supply? where can I get one?
Many thanks!

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Man... I have the same TV... with the same problem.

I also had a similar TV for repair, an Acoustic Solutions, the fix was to reseat ALL the cables. Not sure how that fixed it but it worked for days with no problem, I sold it now.

Unfortunately, despite all my best efforts I haven't yet been able to fix it.

I did manage to fix it for a few weeks. It worked great. The fix was to disable the soft start transistor Q837. But it died again, and reversing the fix gives the original problem. It seems the best fix is the stuck in standby repair kits people are selling on eBay for ~£6, I will try that at another time, but I have currently put the TV on the back burner.

A good service manual is available for the chassis: 17MB22-2. It is a Hitachi manual, apparently they used the same Vestel internals.

A power supply can be found on eBay (search 17PW20.1) but it will set you back about £50 and I'm not sure that it's entirely the problem. I have a feeling the main board may be at fault.

solar77

Joined Aug 27, 2011
thanks tom66. I am not 100% sure but one of the capacitor top is not as "flat" as the others. would this be the problem?
Is there any way I can test the PSU, see if that is where the fault is?

Many thanks!

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
thanks tom66. I am not 100% sure but one of the capacitor top is not as "flat" as the others. would this be the problem?
Is there any way I can test the PSU, see if that is where the fault is?

Many thanks!
Could be. Can you take a picture? On both of my sets, there are no bad capacitors that are visibly apparent.

Do you have a multimeter? If not you can pick one up for £5 at Maplins.