I have made a flywheel with magnets attached and 4 power coils, not working out properly

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
so can you imagine a wheel on a shaft that is 40cm in radius and then 8 magnets 3.5 inch from the shaft then you put a pick up coil on it and spin it to 500 rpm, yes, and short the coils leads essentially max cogging by the coil, it's still minimal because of inertia force. it is on this logic that you can lump the friction and the cogging togeather as one retarding torque

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
well whatever you want to call me bypasses the fact that all I'm here to do is get answers to specific questions about circuits and circuitry, your jumping ahead for to tell me that my machine isn't efficient, thats fine but if I were to tell you that right now, I am not worried about efficiency, also did you read the comment
so can you imagine a wheel on a shaft that is 40cm in radius and then 8 magnets 3.5 inch from the shaft then you put a pick up coil on it and spin it to 500 rpm, yes, and short the coils leads essentially max cogging by the coil, it's still minimal because of inertia force of the wheel, can test with numbers but you find it's correct. it is on this logic that you can lump the friction and the cogging togeather as one retarding torque
It's a mind excercise and it's intuative!

Last edited:

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
back to the generator part I'm going to dust the magnets with iron filings so the magnets make a full contact to the coil cores for max efficiency even better than as this as a sheet of paper!

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
You are forgetting the retarding torque caused by extracting energy from the coils.
so can you imagine a wheel on a shaft that is 40cm in radius and then 8 magnets 3.5 inch from the shaft then you put a pick up coil on it and spin it to 500 rpm, yes, and short the coils leads essentially max cogging by the coil, it's still minimal because of inertia force of the wheel, can test with numbers but you find it's correct. it is on this logic that you can lump the friction and the cogging togeather as one retarding torque

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
That "motor" as constructed and as illustrated is so very inefficient that it will not spin itself! So how can it possibly be representative of any practical motor?? And thus, how can any developed solution be useful elsewhere??

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
I'm building half the inverter circuit next thursday, I will upload pictures. I don't know when I will be able to see the wheel again but will take pictures of that when I get chance, I will resume telling of my progress as and when I do it I understand that some may not like what I'm aiming toward, but every great invertor was called mad and laughed at before they understood how the things worked, I'm not put off by what the experts say and am proud of myself for giving it a go don't judge me too harshly like that dood said I'm on a learning curve!

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
so the tangiental speed is angular velocity * radius (57.19 *0.15) = 8.5785 m/s if the fan oven motor spins at 3400 rpm (356 rads/s) means cog on motor needs to be 25mm (in radius) that comes from 8.5785 / 356 = 0.024m rounded to 25mm to match tangiential speed of the wheel!

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
And just to put it to bed, I'm not looking for perpetual motion I just want to extend the time the rotor spins before stopping! a kind of recycling

Last edited:

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
please can you show me what you guys have built
Sure, props for my and my wife’s dance showcase coming up Sunday. East Coast swing, “Mr. Roboto” intro followed by “She Blinded Me With Science.”

Roboto head, fake Jacob’s ladder powered by Flux Capacitor, tie measuring ruler, with implication she is measuring something else. All have PIC24 microcontrollers driving WS2812B RGB LED strips. Board designed using BobCad, my own PCB CAD program. Programmed in Bobl, a dialect of Ada with Java style classes I designed and developed.
IMG_0302.jpeg

Last edited:

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
cool, leds, perhaps you can talk to me about an led project I need to get completed, should I open a new thread for it? what I want is a spectrum analiser or graphic equaliser of this quantity of rows and columbs to range (from the left) going from 32hz to 16000hz any ideas

Attachments

Last edited:

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
cool, leds, perhaps you can talk to me about an led project I need to get completed, should I open a new thread for it?
Sure, I have a lot of experience with the WS2812B strips. I have a large room we call the ballroom, lighted by 40m of them with eight controllers that can download programs over th net with WIFI.

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
Sure, I have a lot of experience with the WS2812B strips. I have a large room we call the ballroom, lighted by 40m of them with eight controllers that can download programs over th net with WIFI.
ok cool I have to use bar graph style led's because thay have a certain look that i desire, can you work with them? can't really budge on the type.

Attachments

Last edited: