I have made a flywheel with magnets attached and 4 power coils, not working out properly

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
The cogging works both ways. It pulls toward the core when approaching, which speeds the rotation, then when receding it acts to retard the rotation. The net effect is zero.

The effect of the magnetism caused by current in the coils if far larger. It is that effect that requires more effort to turn the rotor as more current is drawn. Which is necessary due to conservation of energy.

Also, large generators are already up to 99% efficient. There is not any significant improvement to be found.
BY THE WAY
the cogging of the magnets is not a net effect of 0 makes no sence

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
The angle subtended at the axle by a magnet of diameter d at radius r .
layman terms? do you mean, as the magnet passes coil the magnet of being a certain diameter the lager the diameter and the closer to the axle, the angle it takes for the magnet, to pass past the coil it increases the angle that the wheel turns before the cmagnet passes the coil?

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
BY THE WAY
the cogging of the magnets is not a net effect of 0 makes no sence
because if you put a magnet on a cd and spin it then put a bolt next to where the magnet passes the magnet would stop (not accellerating toward the bolt and then and flinging it out the other side with no affect on the mean speed or same speed as before it went towards the bolt and this infact confirms my point about the anti-magnetic cogging ie when the wheel is heavy!

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
The cogging works both ways. It pulls toward the core when approaching, which speeds the rotation, then when receding it acts to retard the rotation. The net effect is zero.

The effect of the magnetism caused by current in the coils if far larger. It is that effect that requires more effort to turn the rotor as more current is drawn. Which is necessary due to conservation of energy.

Also, large generators are already up to 99% efficient. There is not any significant improvement to be found.
The part in bold is simply wrong to be fair!

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
what are the implications of that happening
As I said previously, the total retarding energy involved will be the same. The reduction in cogging torque is countered by the increase in time (rotation angle) for which that torque is present.

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
You are missing the point anyway, the magnets stay at a fixed radius say 3.5 inches. Then you increase inertia by either adding weight or or increasing the radius of the wheel, or both, so that momentum goes up untill the magnetic cogging and the bearing friction is low - nearly negligable compared to the inertia torque then all you have to do is over come those losses we are not accelerating the wheel therefore to keep it at the same velocity what torque you put onto the wheel is equal to the retarding torque which is the sum of the magnetic cogging and the bearing friction! the more momentum, the less cogging effect the magnets have against the cores of the coils and the power taken off of the coils ie lenz

Last edited:

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
AC to DC to AC to spin a shade pole motor. What was spinning the disk in the first place? Is it intended to be that same shade pole motor? If so then we're discussing the theory of perpetual motion without using that term. It also seems to me (TO ME) like an attempt to hide what might just be an over unity device. One you are intent on building no matter what anyone else says. Go ahead and build it. It will no doubt turn out to be a great learning experience for you. And if it works then we will learn something as well. Till then: UNWATCHED.

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
And FYI, it's started with a lithium ion battery 12v with a drone motor controlled by an esc in conjunction with and arduino and potentiometer and I don't claim over-unity or perpetual motion yada yada I'm just a tinkerer playing around with lego and circuits there no need to hate!

Last edited:

Maglatron

Joined Nov 3, 2023
AC to DC to AC to spin a shade pole motor. What was spinning the disk in the first place? Is it intended to be that same shade pole motor? If so then we're discussing the theory of perpetual motion without using that term. It also seems to me (TO ME) like an attempt to hide what might just be an over unity device. One you are intent on building no matter what anyone else says. Go ahead and build it. It will no doubt turn out to be a great learning experience for you. And if it works then we will learn something as well. Till then: UNWATCHED.
its dc from the battery to ac via flywheel and magnet coil arrangement the dc through the rectifier then ac through the inverter then transformer for the 55v to 230v to then spin a shade pole motor there is no mention of over-unity or perpetual motion untill I achieve this, no matter how odd it might be I'm not even thinking of the next parts to do after that help me achieve this like you have been doing and I feel happy!

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
its dc from the battery to ac via flywheel and magnet coil arrangement the dc through the rectifier then ac through the inverter then transformer for the 55v to 230v to then spin a shade pole motor
Battery to motor. Using an efficient motor, probably would use 20% of the energy to do the same thing.