I have GPS, SONAR and two BLDC motors connected. I have to send data to my PC. I have radio-link. How can I send this data?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Sir, I know I am not good at programming. First of all really sorry to disturb you.
What I want is GPS and Echo sounder messages and also motor and battery messages to be shown at one place.
As you know I am using a radio link. so what should I do now?
Eric was giving excellent advice. My only intention was to clear up a little confusion you seemed to have about what he was saying. I will say one last thing, in case my impression is correct about your confusion but leave the rest to him because he will be much more help to you than I can be.

You have four serial devices that produce messages asynchronously. You have to receive the messages as the devices produce them and then multiplex them onto the one radio channel. This means your MCU will have to be able to talk to the four devices, meaning you need four serial ports.

Your MCU itself has the capacity, but your board isn't connected to them. You need to either add ports to the board or buy one that has the connections. The rest is programming.

I will leave it to Eric to help you, he is much more capable of doing that than I am.

umerrai1

Joined Mar 29, 2021
Eric was giving excellent advice. My only intention was to clear up a little confusion you seemed to have about what he was saying. I will say one last thing, in case my impression is correct about your confusion but leave the rest to him because he will be much more help to you than I can be.

You have four serial devices that produce messages asynchronously. You have to receive the messages as the devices produce them and then multiplex them onto the one radio channel. This means your MCU will have to be able to talk to the four devices, meaning you need four serial ports.

Your MCU itself has the capacity, but your board isn't connected to them. You need to either add ports to the board or buy one that has the connections. The rest is programming.

I will leave it to Eric to help you, he is much more capable of doing that than I am.
I appreciate your advice. Just guide me through the process and I will change whatever you say. If this MCU can work with my requirements I am ready to use it. I can use Arduino instead of this circuit board. After that, I will design my circuit.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I appreciate your advice. Just guide me through the process and I will change whatever you say. If this MCU can work with my requirements I am ready to use it. I can use Arduino instead of this circuit board. After that, I will design my circuit.
Up in post #33 @ericgibbs provided a link to a capable board. Get one of those and then he can help you complete this.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi,
So that I can help you, I need the following information.

The baud rates, data format, and Data Update rates, also is it RS232 voltage levels or TTL.

GPS receiver data output………

Echo Sounder output data….

Motor unit output data….

Battery voltage measuring unit…..

Also does the Radio transmitter Serial Data input, require RS232 or TTL levels…..

E

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hi,

The baud rates, data format, and Data Update rates, also is it RS232 voltage levels or TTL.

Motor unit output data….

Also does the Radio transmitter Serial Data input, require RS232 or TTL levels…..

E
Eric, I was wondering whether any of the peripherals supports polling. That might help reduce complexity.

umerrai1

Joined Mar 29, 2021
Hi,

Motor unit output data….

E
Baud Rate : 9600
Data Format : ASCII characters
Data Rates : How can I check data rates?
All voltage level will be RS232
GPS data output is in NMEA and baud rate is 9600
Echo Sounder, Motor unit and battery voltage output data is in ASCII character
Radio transmitter is already in rs232.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
I am getting all this data on my laptop by using Tera Term software.
hi,
How are you combining the 4 , RS232 input sources for feeding into your laptop at the same time.?

E

Update:
Using Ard 2560

Attachments

Last edited:

umerrai1

Joined Mar 29, 2021
One more thing, neglect motor pin. we are only controlling the motor from the digital output. Not receiving any data from motors.