I have GPS, SONAR and two BLDC motors connected. I have to send data to my PC. I have radio-link. How can I send this data?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Can you say why you need that level of Resolution in your timing.
I guess you know that if you display time in millisecs, you cannot visually keep track of the changes.

and how Accurate do want this mSec clock.
E

umerrai1

Joined Mar 29, 2021
We need to check changes as when and where happened.
And I did not understand what do you mean by Accurate.
Minimum it should be 12:30:45.01

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi ume,
Accuracy and Resolution is 'a well trodden path'':)

While a clock may show the Time in units of 1mSec, thats the Resolution

It could be showing the incorrect Time, Accuracy.

E
What are measuring to 1mSec.???

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Y,
Scanned thru that document.
If the NEMA data strings are stamped in mSec, I still do not understand why the TS needs a second RTC with 1mSec resolution..

@umerrai1

Please post a copy of the NEMA messages string that you are considering the need for requiring a 1mS RTC.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
I use the DS3231, its is very accurate, but how do you plan to get the 1mSec resolution.

Post a copy of a NEMA string that you are receiving

E

umerrai1

Joined Mar 29, 2021
Actually it is a datalogger for weather station. So I am a bit concern about power consumption. Because it will have an atmega328, airmar 200wx and sd card and a DS3231.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Actually it is a datalogger for weather station. So I am a bit concern about power consumption. Because it will have an atmega328, airmar 200wx and sd card and a DS3231.
The 200μA of the DS3231 is the least of your concerns. You need to worry about the other parts and make sure your battery is up to the job.

Could you explain the function of the RTC? I find it confusing...

umerrai1

Joined Mar 29, 2021
Sir, I will explain you. Actually, it is a requirement from my boss. So we need time logged in at least 0.1sec. Tracking data with respect to time.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Sir, I will explain you. Actually, it is a requirement from my boss. So we need time logged in at least 0.1sec. Tracking data with respect to time.
Do the NMEA sentences not include timestamps? Does it have to be precise timing (that is, does it have to synchronize with other events recorded with high precision, high accuracy timestamps) or is it a matter of local correlation with events in the log only?