I have a lorex L23WD800 DVR/MONITOR combo with booting problems.

marioflores

Joined Feb 5, 2015
I suspect the ON/OFF circuit (12VDC) due to the unit powering up as soon as the power supply is plugged in. (120vac input with 4 pins on the output. I believe 2 are 12VDC and 2 are GND). The system is supposed to turn on with the power button after plugging power supply in.
So what happens after plugging power cord in is the LOREX logo loading screen comes up with a bios loading bar that stops at 3/4 way and locks indefinately. I tried replacing the hard drive just for yucks but is not the problem. If I try to power down by pressing the ON/OFF button nothing happens. the only way to power up is to plug in and the only way to power down is to unplug. I need help on where to start looking as there is no signs of heat on the board(s) anywhere. any input would be grateful. Thank you in advance.
Also, Lorex tech support is no help whatsoever. Worst tech help I have ever come across.
I am also having a similar problem, it happened about a week ago. My system loads after plugging the power, however only a lorex screen appears and what looks like a loading bar. After several minutes you will hear a beep and then a black screen appears and the lorex screen with the loading bar reloads. This continues to cycle.
I have the same problem as stoney....any help?? Please??

Sometimes frequencies from something your neighbor is using could confound the system from what I've read after getting curious about your current problem.

marioflores

Joined Feb 5, 2015
never thought of that....I will take it home and see what happens.....its curious as many people seem to have the same problem with this model, unfortunately no solution has been posted yet!!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome to AAC!

A thread belongs to the OP (original poster). Trying to take over someone elses thread is called hijacking, which is not allowed at All About Circuits. I have therefore given you a thread of your very own.

In addition, you have practiced the arcane art of necromancy, the revival of a long dead thread. Likely the OP (Original Poster) has solved his problem in the years that has passed, or thrown it away, or something.

This was split from http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/t...ombo-with-booting-problems.70301/#post-815011