I feel bad for asking but..

1-3-2-4

Joined Dec 26, 2008
I just got a new solder sucker which is my first one.. anyways I did not expect the spring to be so strong when I opened it.. so now I'm trying to put it all back together but I can't figure out how it goes back.

Which way should the plunger be facing?I assume the spring goes in first?

Haha nevermind I got it.. silly mistake

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
One thing. Remember to clean up your suction pump quite often. As it gets filled with solder you will loose suction

1-3-2-4

Joined Dec 26, 2008
Desolder braid is better......
I have all three.. I always used my solder bulb and I've never had an issue with it..

anyways so cleaning it, each time I ready it for use the last use of solder I sucked up gets thrown out.. I assume that's normal? auto cleaning? Since not many point that out.. at least I'm trying it on something that's not important.

ke5nnt

Joined Mar 1, 2009
anyways so cleaning it, each time I ready it for use the last use of solder I sucked up gets thrown out.. I assume that's normal? auto cleaning?
Mine does the same. Never had a problem with it. Also never had much luck with the braid, which is why I got the sucker in the first place.

1-3-2-4

Joined Dec 26, 2008
Mine does the same. Never had a problem with it. Also never had much luck with the braid, which is why I got the sucker in the first place.

I'm still on the fence right now kinda liking the braid better because it's faster for me depending on joint size.

The thing is when it's time for the solder to eject out of the sucker I might have to manually pull a round cylinder piece of solder out just because it does not fully eject.