I don't get Bus issue

TBayBoy

Joined May 25, 2011
I'm confused?

The Secret Service spent 100,000 on a bus shell in Canada, then 1 Million outfitting it in Texas, and people are all up in arms at it being Canadian made?

Confused...

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Tbay,

Some complain for complaining sake, especially if the complaining get's your political opponent some negative press.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
It's a trivial issue IMO but their gripe is that the president made big talk about making all our vehilces in the U.S.; then he went out and bough himself one from Canada. sort of hypocritical but it's only a distraction.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
I'm confused?

The Secret Service spent 100,000 on a bus shell in Canada, then 1 Million outfitting it in Texas, and people are all up in arms at it being Canadian made?

Confused...
some people actually think that closing the doors on international trade will help the economy.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
post the link so we know what you are talking about.
Yes that is correct Loosewire. This is a serious forum. We can not have members just writing loose minds and whims. Taken from the top of their head at random moments. Such postings are often hard for other members to follow and understand....:rolleyes:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
some people actually think that closing the doors on international trade will help the economy.
are you referring to Canada or USA?
I assume USA.
Myself and the majority of the people I have talked to are in agreement that international trade should be more balanced. Ever increasing outsourcing and imports of cheap crap from China are part of what's killing our economy. We need more things made here on our soil. An outright closing of the doors would be 'tarded.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Truth, I hold Canada in very high esteem, we are as close as two countries can get and not be joined. While we may not have exactly the same interests, they come so close that it might as well be considered a common interest.

I don't know this, but I'm willing to bet we are very tight trading partners too. Any money spent over there will probably come home eventually.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
are you referring to Canada or USA?
I assume USA.
Myself and the majority of the people I have talked to are in agreement that international trade should be more balanced. Ever increasing outsourcing and imports of cheap crap from China are part of what's killing our economy. We need more things made here on our soil. An outright closing of the doors would be 'tarded.
Sorry, yes I was thinking US.

Canada has a unique position in future terms. A relatively small population in a land of immense resources. We will always look to our southern cousins as trading partners, however, as other world economies evolve, we will include partnerships with other markets.

I watched an informative presentation of one of our past prime ministers (Chretain) delivering a speach to a US business group last night, where he stated the obvious, in Canada, when required to control deficit, the single entity in control cuts spending, while in the US, the political structure prevents such decisive action.

Bus or no bus, at some point reform must happen. Just hope that wide spread anarchy is not a required catalyst.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
at some point reform must happen. Just hope that wide spread anarchy is not a required catalyst.
I'm afraid that is exactly what will be required. The time is not yet ripe. It must get worse before it gets better. The problems have not hit home hard enough yet for most Americans. When they do, it will be too late; we will be in an unrecoverable downward spiral. some will panic, and panic is contagious. most will panic. the wide spread anarchy that you speak of will ensue (I hope*). then the rebirth.

*I just hope that when the people panic, they do the right thing. I hope they stand up and demand...no scrtach that; take ...back the country. I hope they don't turn to a governement that has already failed them and is trying to enslave them. I hope they restore the government as it was originally concieved by the founding fathers.

TBayBoy

Joined May 25, 2011
Unfortunately that's not how it will play out, to many countries have their economies intertwined with the US, decades ago, when civil unrest sprang up in a country, other countries would be hands off, but the lessons of WWI and WWII taught the rest of the world, hands off is far more expensive than hands on.

I figure the first shot will be a rallying cry for other countries to back factions and divide up the spoils when the dust settles.

No one in the world these days owns their country exclusively.

TBayBoy

Joined May 25, 2011
I wonder how people on both sides of the pencil border will take to merger talks in the next few decades?