I cannot attach an image anymore

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Suddenly today, I repled to a thread and pushed Manage Attachments button and it winked normally. But it didn't take me to the attachments page.

Even when I edited my reply and when I made a new reply I cannot attach an image.

Did I reach my attachments limit or something?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I 'm sure there is a limit on every forum software, usually on MBs. Also, increasing this cap takes an administrative intervention.

Is it possible that you delete a couple of your old uploads for the sake of testing? You can delete your attachments from the attachment manager. The link is on your profile page->Customize Profile->Attachments, on the bottom left.

After we do the diagnosis, we 'll probably be able to solve it.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Two things, have you tried a different computer on a different IP, and have you tried a different browser?

deuce01

Joined Sep 24, 2012
Thanks, It must be something new with the firewall at work or something. I tried on several different computers with differnent browsers. I tried on my phone and everything seamed to work fine.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Again today I cannot attach an image to my reply. The Manage Attachments button winks normally but doesn't do anything.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I wish I could be of more service. It works for me in this thread.

However, it took a few seconds after the page load for the editor toolbar buttons to be functional. Could it be that the site doesn't load properly in your browser? Do the other buttons work?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It has been mentioned by jrap the site is going through some reconfigurations in the background. It is possible you are hitting it in the middle of this. Please keep us posted.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I just got an email reaction from jrap.
The attachment problem should be solved.

Please report any issues with posting attachments here, if they still occur.

Bertus

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I just tried to "edit" a posting, and clicked manage attachements ... the popup never materialized. I can get to manage attachments when I start a new reply in the thread.

I had the problem last night and today ... when I tried to edit a posting.

And speaking of limits ... what is the limit for members? I don't know when I started to use .png format but I do know I have a few larger files [pdf format] as attachments. Just curious on the limits if any.