I am preparing a complete electronics notebook

electron_prince

Joined Sep 19, 2012
I want to make a single notebook which cover the complete electronics material required for anybody to master in electronics. In that notebook i want to incorporate all kinds of "errors" which can help us in visualizing the circuits. for example instead of saying that electrons flow constitute a current, i would better say that flow of proton constitute a current. In that way we can reason for the conventional current direction.

Also I want to eliminate those though parts of "IC fabrication" which is useless for some of us.

Can you help me in arranging the topics sequentially so that it make sense. There are so many subjects we study during our course on engineering. I want to sequentially arrange them in one notebook, eliminating useless parts and making things simple.

Make sure and concentrate the on the fundamentals. Advanced electronics is easy but only after one has grasped the deep hidden fundamentals of how particles such as electrons and photons move, interact and obey laws.

vk6zgo

Joined Jul 21, 2012
At this time,I am very doubtful whether you are knowledgeable enough to decide what is useful or useless.

To say Protons constitute electric current is silly,as Protons remain in the nucleus,& do not take any part in this process.

For some strange reason,EEs get "all bent out of shape" about Electron Flow.
Back in 1960,it took all of three minutes for the lecturer at the old Perth Tech School to point out to everybody's satisfaction,that although Conventional Current Flow,(for historical reasons),was often used for calculations ,Electron Flow is what is really taking place.

It's not "rocket science"!
If hobbyists & first year Apprentices can handle it that easily,Engineers should have sufficient mental agility to get their heads around it..

electron_prince

Joined Sep 19, 2012
To say Protons constitute electric current is silly,as Protons remain in the nucleus,& do not take any part in this process.
yes, i know that proton remain in the nucleus. The study of semiconductor starts with an energy band diagram which is completely based on free electrons. But try to look things at the "layman level". how easy the circuit analysis would become if we consider that if proton flows.

also i hate field theory. circuit theory was developed to make things easier. field theory is more accurate but i think everybody like circuit theory (expect those antenna guys). We can make circuit theory more easy by making some assumptions.

electron_prince

Joined Sep 19, 2012
Make sure and concentrate the on the fundamentals. Advanced electronics is easy but only after one has grasped the deep hidden fundamentals of how particles such as electrons and photons move, interact and obey laws.
no, i don't want to deal with advance electronics because the basic electronics itself is very confusing.

Proton flow might work for you but you would need to consider how other people view it. I have no doubt that if i put in proton flow as the means of producing a current as a simplification then some student would no doubt take this as gospel and ultimately have no concept of electron flow.

Also there is no way you could describe the process of a voltage being developed across a capacitor without referring to electrons leaving one plate and being attracted to the other.

Cementing electron flow into ones head is fundamental.

electron_prince

Joined Sep 19, 2012
okay, so we can take the charge on electron = 1.6 x 10^-19 C instead of -1.6 x 10^-19C. That should serve the purpose of simplification.

In case of capacitors, the end connected to positive terminal got the positive charge accumulated there which induced the negative charge on the other plate.

on the other hand if you consider electron to flow from the negative terminal of the battery, you have to consider two directions. one for the electron flow and other for the current flow.

The minus sign at the charge makes no sense! The electron is only negative charge as we, as humans, denote it as negative with regards to a positive i.e. a proton.

You could have the word zebra placed before the charge of an electron and it would not change the fundamental behaviour of the electron.

also that is not how a capacitor works!! (assuming a battery and capacitor only in the circuit)

A capacitor works as follows,

1 - when the circuit is complete the electrons leave the negative terminal and make there way to the plate on capacitor connected to the negative terminal of the battery. This happens as like charges repel each other and are attracted to the positive supply. This leaves a build up of electrons on one side of capacitor and a negative charge

2 -at the same time the electrons leave the other plate of the capacitor as they are attracted by the positive terminal of the battery.This leave a void of electrons on this plate and so it has a positive charge.

And hey presto a capacitor is formed!!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
While electron flow may be the scientifically correct model, for 99% of electronics circuitry the polarity of the charge carrier makes no difference. Current flows from a point of a given potential to one with lower potential.

radiohead

Joined May 28, 2009
You sound like a bored student who doesn't like the curriculum, or maybe your professor or both. I have been teaching electronics for 6 years and still have much to learn. In my opinion, you are setting yourself up for failure by attempting to make a "complete" NOTEBOOK that contains everything one needs to know to become a master at electronics. Are you really going to cover digital electronics (BCD, hexadecimal and binary) mathematics in a way the average layman would understand? Could you explain on the fly how to take a Boolean maxterm or minterm expression and convert it to a truth table? Not trying to break you down, but maybe you should gain some experience first. We here in this forum are happy to help point you in the right direction, but most will not do the work for you.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Your complete electronics notebook could take several volumes and decades to compile.

Forget and start studying as comon people does. Keep a notebook with those things youn think worth to put in writing but do not make that the focus of your activity. Useless.