I am new posting here.. Pic of Key for Lab Volt 187 Variac Classroom Autotransformer

itsme_bernie

Joined Oct 16, 2019
Hello All About Circuit Folks
If I am asking a question answered before, I apologize, and I would appreciate the name of the thread or link so you don't have to go through explaining again.
I am sure I could "hack" it, but I have a small machine shop and can fabricate a key if it is simple enough, which I suspect.
I cannot find a pic of the key anywhere. Do any of you happen to have a key like it, and possibly post a pic? Or do you happen to have a pic or know where I could find a pic?

Thank you so much for your help

BernardIMG_2290_web.jpg

Lab Volt Model 187 Variac Buck Eng Classroom Power Station 120V Autotransformer

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hello All About Circuit Folks
If I am asking a question answered before, I apologize, and I would appreciate the name of the thread or link so you don't have to go through explaining again.
I am sure I could "hack" it, but I have a small machine shop and can fabricate a key if it is simple enough, which I suspect.
I cannot find a pic of the key anywhere. Do any of you happen to have a key like it, and possibly post a pic? Or do you happen to have a pic or know where I could find a pic?

Thank you so much for your help

BernardView attachment 263874

Lab Volt Model 187 Variac Buck Eng Classroom Power Station 120V Autotransformer
Here.

1648573067917.jpeg

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Thank you so much!
Not what I had guessed.. I will make one and report back

Bernard
It is the same sort of switch as the one used for institutional lighting, like in schools, to prevent tampering. I looks like a Hubble but I don’t know if the dimensions are the same. But you can see the principle: the two “tines” fit the actuator and the covered tracks on the edges let them pass while shielding against operation with a straight tool.