I am leaving this website

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Goodbye, friends.
I am leaving this forum before the moderators permanently ban me in about 1 week.

In the past I enjoyed chatting about complicated electronic circuits here with my peers but that has changed.

Now most of my peers are gone and are replaced with nOObs from 3rd-world countries who ask in broken English the simplest basic questions over and over. Some of the nOObs say they are only 10 and 13 years old.

One moderator calls this an "educational" site. Let it be.

Bye.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I have learned a lot about noisy 741 op amps and cheap clock radios.
Your contributions to AAC are greatly appreciated. We will miss you AG.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I see him flying his "Airplane" sitting on a park bench watching pretty girls go by.....

all the while humming a tune and thinking I won't have to put up with that anymore.

But, my hope is he'll return to banter people about the head with his quick wit and knowledge.

If he were to use his experience, you would die from the blows.

It's been an interesting weekend to say the least.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
There a lot of guys on this Forum,young, old whatever ,the Forum don't give I.Q.

test. You have to be tolerant with everyone , its only a Forum what do you have

to lose. You need a open mind or you wouldn't be here, this would be a bad site

if it was choosey about members. If you wish that certain members don't belong

here,you are wrong....most people self adjust......some wait for that racist remark

to jump on. This is a good Forum,Guru you will be missed.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
You not being here will suck and be a loss of an excellent database of analog information, not to mention a generally good guy whom I respect.

We all get grumpy and frustrated, and while it is refreshing to let somebody know how you really feel, I try to let them know that rarely.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
When the bottomless well of ignorance bothers me, I take a break.
It usually lasts for a few weeks.
Sometimes it is difficult to restrain myself from asking, "What in the world were you thinking?" "How could you possibly imagine that you want to base your further education on that?"
When I get those feelings, I take a break.

As long as I'm having an interesting time exercising my brain before it withers, I poke around a bit on this site. Some days it works, and some days, it doesn't work.
If it ever seems like there is no point, I too will wander off and hum to myself.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Audioguru,

It's sad for you to leave. I respect your experience and your knowledge and have learned from your posts. I remember a recent post of yours where you said, "I am nice, SOMETIMES," and I have noticed in the past three weeks, or so, you have been nice almost ALL THE TIME.

I will miss you and I wish you the best.

tracecom

ETA: I hope you change your mind and continue posting here.

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
You're my inspiration. Just because you're 70 years old and cranky doesn't mean you can't stick it out. You're giving me a reason to come to this site. You're the only Canadian I can tolerate.

You're probably the most knowledgeable and funny guy on here.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
Audioguru

I joined this forum because of the quality of the information provided by members like you.

There's an awful lot of Noise out there. We need experienced guys like you to cut through the crap and provide accurate info and guidance.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
AG,

Please reconsider. We really need your wisdom and advice around here. I understand your frustration with some of the forum members. My advice is just don't answer those posts. Set up some rules for what you will tolerate and stick to them. Perhaps if everyone did this the quality of the posts would improve. Because sometimes I think that it is not lack of experience or language skills that are the issue but downright laziness on the part of forum members. An laziness on the part of those asking questions should never be tolerated.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I like AudioGuru a lot, and have asked him for technical advice many times. If I could I would do so again, he is very knowledgeable in his field and is able to explain electronics both concisely and clearly.

As a moderator though, I have seen the numerous comments we have had to moderate over time and time again. This is a learning website, first and foremost. We teach, we do not allow flaming, hate mail, or insults. AG can not seem to lay off beginners. I have to admit I find some of them tiresome, but I just ignore them even if they bother me. As I have said before, no one is born knowing this stuff, you have to learn it. So we are going to get dumb questions. This is OK, it is part of learning. I am 56, I have over 40 years of experience, and I still make brain farts.

We get people all over the world here. Some come to learn electronics, others come to learn written English skills, some come to learn both. Many of them consider other countries blood enemies, yet all here are equal, and will be treated with respect. The moderators at AAC insist on this, it is a hard rule. If mutual respect and friendships are formed so much the better.

AG, I hope you reconsider. I will miss you, but you can not keep zinging people here. If they bug you use the ignore feature, and/or just move on. Like I said, to me respecting other people (even if I do think they are idiots, and there have been a few) is a hard rule here. There have been more than one time I have gone back and edited my posts to lighten it up. No one is perfect.

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
I know what you mean audioguru. I haven't been a member of this forum for too long but from what I've seen you'll be missed. OK some posts are just downright dross, some stem from ignorance, some just lazy but there are others that, although a little vague come from genuine starters after help who don't put their questions very well. Stick around, ignore the posts you don't like and help out were you think appropriate.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
There are many sesame street posts here with answers available with little efforts from existing websites.

Nonetheless, I don't know of any other alternative forum with a meaningful user base. At other forums, graphical violence occurs on daily basis, and the moderators are an arrogant bunch all together.

The moderators at this place seem to be civilized and I think just regular people.

What I miss here I don't really see many innovative and or meaningful projects. Many questions bother with stuff and technology 30+ years old aka NE555 and how to make a linear power supply.

Many of the posts whatshowever seem to be genuine.

For my own questions I have only rarely archieved a solution through answers from this forum. Most of the time the answers covered issues not mentioned in the question, and in my opinion, not being issues, or not having any effect at all.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
You don't have to worry about that. You seem to have your dark art perfected based on most of your post's.

Exalted one.
You have no idea of what I perform or what I do not perform.

The emoticon you posted is associated with BDSM and that is a lifestyle maintained by a special population group. This forum is not for special population groups.

I saw this stuff on other forums, and, I do not invite it here at all. Take my words and do what you like and what they allow you.

I am not responsible for the action of other people.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
You have no idea of what I perform or what I do not perform.

The emoticon you posted is associated with BDSM and that is a lifestyle maintained by a special population group. This forum is not for special population groups.

I saw this stuff on other forums, and, I do not invite it here at all. Take my words and do what you like and what they allow you.

I am not responsible for the action of other people.
Really, I had no idea.

Now I do.:rolleyes:

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Really, I had no idea.

Now I do.:rolleyes:
Yes punishment with a whip is clearly BDSM.
Most professional forums don't entertain such a language. Not graphically and not with words.

I do not know you and nothing against you in person, but having these emoticons prevail, and the community is ruined.