HV Insulation.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Is there any thing tht could be molded as a hand glove which has HV insulation.

Like to know where I can buy such stuff.
I want to make hand gloves for my hand and it needs to be tough but flexible and resists or insulates voltages above 80KV. :D

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
How about buying three pairs, one medium, one large and one extra large? Does squeezing into all three give you 108kV and the loss of the use of your hands? :D

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Hey as I said I'm no expert but if your trying to make gloves that would be a decent option. Since not being familiar with HV I was unaware he was basically asking how to make his honda civic do 600mph. :)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
How about buying three pairs, one medium, one large and one extra large? Does squeezing into all three give you 108kV and the loss of the use of your hands? :D
At that power what about arcing? Would that be an issue? We see all those videos of the pro plant workers getting killed cause of them.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
When i was working as a HV linesman you didnot use insulated gloves to direrctly handle those sorts of voltages. We used 10Ft long Insulated poles at those sort of voltages at 50Hz. If its RF I wouldnt go near it. These sort of voltages dont usualy give you a second chance. Stay safe R!f@@.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
God! I got u guys good this time. :D

U guys are so unbelievable. How long have I been here and don't u still know anything about Maldives.

I am afraid to ask around as our two itchy Mods,. Geo & Bill will be watching, and grinning," say something so I can lock up another thread". :p

So I go around beating the bush. But I will give u a clue.

Politics, Riot gear, taser batter and police and civil clashes plus high freaking voltage...! Get me..? :D

Have you ever seen black widow of Avengers ?

That was my idea all alone. :(

Joined Nov 30, 2010
That thread about an EMP, and if you couldn't have an EMP, you'd settle for a brick of C4.

Now you want to get your hands on 80,000 volts that is being delivered by a guy with a gun. Still sounds suicidal!

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Just remember ... the a$$ you save maybe your own. Safety first.

Get yourself a good insulating glove ... and inspect it at regular intervals for defects (holes).

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
With this one you will be well protected:p And while you are at it. Get one for your wife also:rolleyes:
Good idea but don't you pass out when your body can't sweat or get air? Wasn't that a problem on goldfinger filming. I know they started to test in on mythbusters but by the time they covered half his body he started having medical issues and had to back out.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You need what they call bang stick, about 3' long..gloves won't work.

The arc will reach out and get you...and fry you. T06 ,must model on

the side...how would you think of such an outfit..would it look good

camping or "Go Fish" .

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
You need what they call bang stick, about 3' long..gloves won't work.

The arc will reach out and get you...and fry you. T06 ,must model on

the side...how would you think of such an outfit..would it look good

camping or "Go Fish" .
At least it will keep the rain out, I think. But if you have any experience with such cloths feel free to share. Why are you so concern about my fishing:confused: