Humidity Sensor Voltage

kishi

Joined Apr 8, 2007
I'm new to this forum and electronics...
I have a problem with a sensor's output voltage, it is too responsive, how can I reduce it responsiveiness by adding a capacitor?...
it is a 3 wired sensor, one is ground, one is Vin (1-4v), one is 5V..
How do I connect the capacitor, and also what capacitor do I need?
Please help me.. Thanks1

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Can you provide additional details on how you are using this sensor?

For example are you using an off-the-shelf piece of equipment to interface to the sensor or are you using an interface circuit of your own design?

If the former then can you describe what type equipment it is? If the latter then can you post a copy of the schematic?

hgmjr

kishi

Joined Apr 8, 2007
thanks for reply so quickly...
it is a off-the-shelf equipment, the sensor is to be use for baking purpose. It is made by Humirel, it is to replace the origional humidity sensor which is made by Galltec. The one made by Galletec has a slower rate of change of humidity value, but it was broken. Now Humirel one is responsive but too responsive for it used lead to the humidifier switch on and off too quickly.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Can you tell us what the part number for the sensor is so that we may try to get a copy of the datasheet online?

hgmjr

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
For comparison purposes, can you also supply a link to the datasheet for the original humidity sensor?

Also can you provide the model number and manufacture's name of the equipment to which the sensor is being connected.

Sorry for asking so many questions.

hgmjr

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Consider that the new humidity sensor has a faster response that the old one, and the result is a tighter control of the humidity. If more accurate control is desireable, you may not wish to degrade the response time of the new sensor.

kender

Joined Jan 17, 2007
The one made by Galletec has a slower rate of change of humidity value, but it was broken. Now Humirel one is responsive but too responsive for it used lead to the humidifier switch on and off too quickly.
To answer your original question: yes, adding a low-pass RC (resistor-capacitor) filter to the sensor output will limit the rate of change.