Hp L1910 monitor goes dark after a few seconds

sean96

Joined Nov 5, 2018
so im dealing with the displaying going black or dark after a few seconds while the monitor does have power problem. i googled it and found many saying problem can be on the inverterboard like maybe a bad cap or blown inverter itself. but the thing is i dont see any other boards besides the poweboard and the video board.now the ccfl uses ac i assume so the dc voltage needs to inverted back to ac and the connections for the ccfl are on the powerboard so that means it gets the ac from the powerboard right so the inverter can also be on the powerboard right? so my question how do i go about troubleshooting or finding the solution for this?

received_2243932925687867.jpeg
the connectors on the bottom are of the ccfls does that mean that the black component with like coils is the inverter and that is maybe not good anymore?

Attachments

Based on your questions, I assume your electronics skills are not advanced. If so, you should avoid attempting to repair this board. It is directly connected to the mains power and is very dangerous. Your best bet is to try to find a replacement power supply on ebay. Or buy a new monitor.

Also, if you do not have a schematic and the proper tools (oscilloscope, multimeter) then you won't have any success.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
The bottom of the psu is the Ccfl inverter, looks like it has no osc chip, so i suspect it gets its signal from the switchmode psu, which I take is working , i would use a Dvm on AC volts to trace and test the backlight sockets, and see if one is going down or if the inverter is losing its signal.

Take pictures of the trackside too.

Last edited:
Working on a line connected circuit is dangerous for an experienced person. For a beginner it is death waiting to happen. Your life is worth a lot more than a new monitor.

Please find some low voltage circuits to satisfy your curiosity.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Your board looks very much like one I dealt with in my Envision monitor. I tried to replace the capacitors since this is a very common source of failure in these power supplies. I only discovered later that some tiny transistors on the back side had burned. But then I also discovered that I could buy a rebuilt board for only about $10. That got the monitor working again.

sean96

Joined Nov 5, 2018
Working on a line connected circuit is dangerous for an experienced person. For a beginner it is death waiting to happen. Your life is worth a lot more than a new monitor.

Please find some low voltage circuits to satisfy your curiosity.

ok i sincerely thank you for your advice i will withdraw from trying to fix it. much thanks

sean96

Joined Nov 5, 2018
Your board looks very much like one I dealt with in my Envision monitor. I tried to replace the capacitors since this is a very common source of failure in these power supplies. I only discovered later that some tiny transistors on the back side had burned. But then I also discovered that I could buy a rebuilt board for only about $10. That got the monitor working again.
i wasnt looking to fix it out of neccesaty for later use but more learning experience.so i wont buy anything

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
i wasnt looking to fix it out of neccesaty for later use but more learning experience.so i wont buy anything
If you’ve done a thorough inspection and see no burned parts or any other indications, I’d bet money that one or more of the caps have failed by ESR.