HP DL380 Linux Desktop

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Nice! Have you considered upgrading from M44 to SKS-45?
:)
(I will not even mention SVT-40).
That gun is a wall-hanger, you couldn't pay me to load a 7.62x54R and pull the trigger.. I already have a Soviet Tula arsenal SKS in my collection.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Just completed an upgrade of my house internet fiber speed (500M) on the Optical Network Terminal from the provider and my internal physical Ethernet switch before the firewall. After firewall speed from a online speed test web-page on the HP server on the other side of the firewall

Nothing but Net thru two switches and three network cards!

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
:eek:
That's the first approximation (looks like a drunkard's walk probability path) of interconnects. optimizing and making straight lines takes a lot longer.
I haven't used an autorouter in a long, long time. But the ones I used in the past tended to minimize the number of jogs during the routing process. Lots of in-process rip and replace, but even the intermediate results were far cleaner than what your package is generating.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I haven't used an autorouter in a long, long time. But the ones I used in the past tended to minimize the number of jogs during the routing process. Lots of in-process rip and replace, but even the intermediate results were far cleaner than what your package is generating.
The intermediate results are meaningless if the final result is superior. I've got complex RF acceleration systems that can use two methods to fine tune beam power.

The old method uses a pretty standard sequential peaking method (tuning) of varying phase/voltage timing relationships between RF resonators, electrostatic quadrupoles and the accelerating ions. The newer superior method (that requires more cpu power) uses random walk probability with sliding tuning constraints to tune. Guess which one has intermediate results that looks poor (during the tuning process) but with superior final results.

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...c-controlled-battery-array.32879/post-1460084

Last edited: