How to use this on my generator

jessietechele

Joined Jul 23, 2013
Hi, everyone, i need a help...
I have just got some capsule type diodes and want to testing them on my generator,so i'd like to ask you who have ever used this before if you could send me a diagram how to connect this diode to convert ac to Dc voltage. I never use this style so do I need one per transformer or more than one ?
Really thanks!!! :)
DIODE see the attachment :)

Attachments

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
What's the voltage rating of the diode? If you know that you should be able to meter one way it blocks voltage the the other will pass voltage, that is if you have enough voltage in your meter, I used to hook up a series 9v battery to my meter and test Microwave Diodes.

Their Voltage and Current rating exceed the 9v battery in the meter.

From their you can configure a Bridge Rectifier to convert it to DC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode_bridge

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
That style runs up to many Kamps, you should have a number on the side, IR make this style, so you may find it on their site.
There is normally a threaded hole in the centre top and bottom to bolt to the respective heatsink.
Make sure there is not a small terminal on one side, this indicates an SCR version.
If you have a Diode range on your meter, you should be able to tell the polarity.
Max.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Also, some of this type diode/SCR require a certain degree of clamping pressure between the heat sink sides to insure full load capacity.