How to use a plug of Type 1 240 V from china in the US.

robvargus

Joined Oct 7, 2020
Advice on how to power a battery charger for a new item I purchased from China. The battery pack comes with a power transformer that states input AC180-240V 50 Hz, and output 72V 10A. My concern is that the plug has only 3 elements - Type I plug. When I inspect the male end the 3 elements are labeled - L, P, and then the symbol with an arrows and three lines with diminishing length at the bottom. Help. I think I can use the two supply lines from my 60 Amp outlet to feed two of the three elements on the Type I then attach the ground to the third element. Power Cord for battery charger Issue.jpg

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Your Chinese battery charger L & N connect to the N.A. 240v terminals, the ground connection is the same, IOW, you do not require the N terminal of the N.A. outlet,
Max.

robvargus

Joined Oct 7, 2020
Thanks you Max. Just checking - I would connect the Black and Red to the L and N and then bare copper to the middle element on the Type -1 plug. Thank you in advance for your quick reply. This was my initial thought but it is nice to get confirmation.