How to understand the concept of electricity?

segtronics

Joined Sep 3, 2016
I just can not understand it. But I want to. Plz help. Many thanks. Any article link or analysis is welcome.
electricity describes the arrangement of electrical components which are linked by conductors, so as to make or mar the current flow. The current flow is controlled by switches and other controlling devices. Electricity is concerned with generation, transmission, distribution and consumption.
Gas and wind plant, hydro power station, coal and nuclear power plants are examples of power generating stations. The power is generated at certain KVA and then transmitted over a long aluminium conductors of the overhead line or the amoured cable of the underground transmission system.
The substation transformer steps down the transmitted electrical power to a consumable on and the distributes it to industries and domestic premises. the industrial power supply is always in three phase(R Y B) for the three phase industrial motors and other high power rated apparatus while the domestic layout require a single phase. some domestic buildings takes the three phase but they can only use one at a time. switching from one to the other using a cut-out or fuse.
The consumption of electricity is done at various industrial and domestic premises by the electrical and electronics apparatus. the electrical apparatus consumes the AC powers while the electronics need an AC to DC converter called rectifiers to convert the consumable electrical power to an appropriate one for the functioning of the semiconductor components and devices.
A single phase electrical power is 230V and the three phase is 415V. the step u and step down transfoermers are deployed at various substations tThis transfoermerss have primary and secondary windings which serve as the input and output terminal of thhe two port network. However
, the output frquency remains the same. 50Hz or 60Hz.

I just can not understand it. But I want to. Plz help. Many thanks. Any article link or analysis is welcome.

HoopHoop

Joined Aug 22, 2016
Did your question get answered? If not, where do you want to start?
I'd like to know about flow of charges and electrons. I want to visualize electric field and electromagnetic field. and what is electromagnetism? I'm struggling to visualize .....

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
at first the speed of light was instantaneous - then we asked the light to slow down - because we didn't crasp the influence of our decisions thoughts dids - as once done it was instantaneously (t)here unturnable

such - slowed down light - affects the conceptual drive of the worlds physics - leading to thermal equilibrium where lower frequencies have better probability to fade off the system - eventually leaving behind nothing - thus in our understanding of timescale - such however takes forever

i wont go recalling here the details - but - there are concepts when not casual(time) bounded are easily manifested - such as "quantum leap" -- if we had to keep the NRG time balance of the system (to keep the physics physics - without disruptive extra physical variables) it takes to introduce here some probabilistic figures such as an electron(electricity - energy/field) and a mass(gravity - energy/field)

. . . that play the ball among each other not to got the "|time/-zero|" fully on their hand until the inf. has nothing left for |T/-Z| to get - as when the world deceases it never actually existed

. . . so

the ** el.-3CT / field / time / NRG ** space -- the el. is a sort of NRG and time concentration in space - while it's concentrated (human detectable) in space - that attempts to acc./spead off the sys "red shift"

HoopHoop

Joined Aug 22, 2016
sorry i cudnt get it but definitely it sounds sarcastically funny. I'm guessing according to u these theories r just bunch of silly ideas which r nowhere near the truth right?

Anyway I'd be glad if u give me some basic concepts on magnet, magnetic field, electric field n electromagnetism. :D

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Matter, "stuff" is made out of electrons (negative) and protons (positive) charges that are paired together.

Now we can separate these charges, it takes energy to do it. These separated charges have a want to re-combine all by itself. This force that wants to re-combine is called voltage. The more charges we separate.....the higher the voltage.

Voltage is separated charge. When a conductive path is provided.........electrons will flow to recombine. The flow of charge to do this recombining is called current. The NUMBER of charges passing a point or plane per sec, defines current.

We limit how fast the charge recombines.........Not by the speed.........but by the amount. That's with resistance.

The voltage, current and resistance is related by ohms law.

Got it?

DGElder

Joined Apr 3, 2016
But how it is created? By applying voltage? then what is voltage and how is voltage created?
That video is excellent: technically flawless, clearly and succinctly explained with helpful metaphors but without sacrificing an accurate definition of voltage.

In the future, instead of wasting my breath trying to convince people voltage is not a force, I will just link to this video.

Last edited:

HoopHoop

Joined Aug 22, 2016
Matter, "stuff" is made out of electrons (negative) and protons (positive) charges that are paired together.

Now we can separate these charges, it takes energy to do it. These separated charges have a want to re-combine all by itself. This force that wants to re-combine is called voltage. The more charges we separate.....the higher the voltage.

Voltage is separated charge. When a conductive path is provided.........electrons will flow to recombine. The flow of charge to do this recombining is called current. The NUMBER of charges passing a point or plane per sec, defines current.

We limit how fast the charge recombines.........Not by the speed.........but by the amount. That's with resistance.

The voltage, current and resistance is related by ohms law.

Got it?
Very nice but how do we separate the charges to create voltage in the first place?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
DGElder......I never heard you waste your breath. And I heard nothing in the video about voltage not being a force. Why would you try to convince other wise?

How would you define voltage?