How to test the SNR, THD and Lifetime of a Cell Phone Speaker?

Redwan

Joined Dec 21, 2015
Hello Everyone!

I actually want to know the standard procedure of testing the SNR value, THD value and Lifetime of a Cell Phone Speaker. Like How long the speaker will last smoothly after manufacturing.

I also intend to know the standard value of SNR, THD and Lifetime measurement of a 8 ohm, 0.8 watt speaker of a cell phone aka mobile phone. I Appreciate any types of testing procedure for testing the speaker of a cell phone in Details. It is needed for a Cell Phone manufacturing company, Urgently.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I wasn't aware that you could measure SNR and THD for a speaker. What would that mean exactly?

What does "lasting smoothly after manufacturing" mean?

We have a serious terminology disconnect here.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I want's aware that speakers had an operation lifetime, (at least not one that's less than the life of the rest of the device).

I don't see any reason to try to measure SNR, since speakers don't have any intrinsic noise (unless you are talking about thermal noise in the speaker voice coil resistance but that would be unmeasurable in the audio output).

You can measure the THD with an low distortion sine-wave source and amplifier, a low distortion, high-fidelity microphone, along with a distortion analyzer (or spectrum or FFT analzer).
It's a standard high-fidelity speaker measurement.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
As for 'lifetime', would that be with the speaker operated continuously at its maximum rated power, or under 'typical' use conditions?

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Start by getting the manufacturer's test data from your components group, or whoever selected the speaker in the first place.

ak