Flame 2 gnd
Flame 3 output goes to input of buzzer
Flame 4 not connected

Buzzer 1 connected to gnd
Buzzer 2 connected to 5v DC
Buzzer 3 input pin

Red indicate 5v DC
Black indicate Ground

I have not yet connected the power supply because I want to make sure that connection are right.
I have attached photo of connection and please let me know if something is wrong there

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Good point I searched on internet and found this link showing data sheets. http://www.datasheet-pdf.com/PDF/KY-032-Datasheet-Joy-IT-1402042

I have done connection. I have only asked the question for verification, I do not want to damage any sensor even by mistake.
What about the datasheet for the buzzer? The sensor says, "digital on," which implies it cannot source much current. Maybe if you gave us the part numbers for the chips on the sensor we can estimate how much current can be supplied.

We must know the part number of have a datasheet for the buzzer.

Here is a pic of the sensor. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/keyes-flame-sensor-module-for-arduino.html

Unfortunately, not a lot of information. The analog output and digital output are not really defined.

Usually the output may be open collector or open drain. If you don't connect the buzzer you should be able to do some testing.

You can check the analog out. It will be affected by ambient light too.

You can look up the chip number. There is a flame sensor with a 1 turn pot that says it uses a LM393. https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm393.pdf?ts=1601741192107&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ti.com%2Fproduct%2FLM393

This https://arduinomodules.info/ky-026-flame-sensor-module/ says it uses an LM393 too.

The LM393 says a minimum of 6mA and typical of 21 mA.

There is probably a pull up to +5, do look at the digital output of the sensor with a meter.

So, it probaby goes from +5 to <0.7V with a max sink current of 6 mA.

Look for a resistor from D0 to +5 and measure it. D0 may connect directly to an output pin of the LM393.

It probably can't drive the buzzer.

Do a little reverse engineering. LM393. Get datasheet. Look for a resistor to +5. Measure or read it. No other transistor is apparent on the top side anyway, so sinking 6mA is the max and it likely cannot drive the buzzer. Sink is 6mA to ground.

So, with +5 and ground and only a voltmeter and an IR source (IR LED, incandescent lamp, flame) and distance get some analog out value. Monitor the digital out value while tweaking the POT from one extreme to another.
bet youl'l find <0.700 and ~5 V. You can then determine the sense of the digital output.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Here is the TS's sensor -- at least the most recent one he linked to (Left).
Right picture is the flame sensor linked to by KISS.

1601744645693.png1601744836140.png

Bottom is the sensor shown on the TS's breadboard.

1601744910319.png

I am tired of playing games. It appears the TS is intentionally posting misleading information.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I bought the sensor kit from aliexpress and i don't have any users manual documents. I have also tried to search this related documents online but I cannot find the exact datasheet. It is very difficult for me to tell you the part number I have looked all around the buzzer but no part number is written anywhere.
1) Apparently @KeepItSimpleStupid had no problem finding the sensor and datasheet.
2) I have asked twice for the datasheet or any technical information for your buzzer, and you have yet to respond, even though it was bolded.

Do you know the difference between a buzzer, a proximity sensor, and a flame sensor? If so, please explain what each does.

Djsarakar

Joined Jul 26, 2020
I am tired of playing games. It appears the TS is intentionally posting misleading information.
I had no wrong intervention. I have made it clear that I do not have any documents related to all sensors. But I have tried to use whatever information I get from the internet

I uploaded an image with a flame sensor and a buzzer both were connected on the broadboard.

1. You asked me about the buzzer data sheet My answer was I have looked all around the buzzer but no part number is written anywhere It is very difficult for me to tell you the part number

2. Flame sensor : As much as I know the data sheet is for any component and the user manual for the board. I do not know in detail about the circuit of flame sensor board. That's why i asked questions

I found the link on the internet which I have posted, I do not have a same sensor board but very similar to this

buzzer is an electrical device that is used to make a buzzing sound

A proximity sensor is a sensor able to detect the presence of nearby objects without any physical contact

A flame sensor detects the presence of fire

@jpanhalt Why do you think that I am giving intentionally wrong information? Do you think that giving wrong information will solve my problem very quickly. I don't think so

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Good point I searched on internet and found this link showing data sheets. http://www.datasheet-pdf.com/PDF/KY-032-Datasheet-Joy-IT-1402042

I have done connection. I have only asked the question for verification, I do not want to damage any sensor even by mistake.
That is what you provided for the sensor datasheet. It's a proximity detector, not a flame detector. The language of this forum is English, not cave wall pictures. When you post a picture, it is unclear whether that is something you copied from the Internet or actually have on your bench.

You started this thread with a heartbeat sensor, gave a datasheet to so something else and so forth. It's one thing to show a formula and then calculate it completely wrong as you did in the millisecond delay thread. That's trustrating. What you are doing here is just plain annoying, It's trolling. I am out of it.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Here is a large part of the problem you will have. Keep in mind to test a sensor one must first what the sensor senses and how it works. Sensors normally have an output with a signal proportional to whatever is sensed. Sometimes signal conditioning is required to take what you have to something you can measure. Many of the sensors in that kit are not even sensors in a true sense of the word.

The best way to know what they do and how they work is likely to look at the code samples included with many of them. That is about as good as it gets. There are no short cuts or making it easy.

Ron

Alphabet Soup, Chinglish

I seems like the TS has a bunch of sensors (alphabets) in this red looking soup and he wants to know something about them.

Our Chinglish friends say, this is an Arduino Sensor, so if you connect it to an Arduino, it works just fine.

The first point, is that this is not a thread about a flame sensor, but the flame sensor got everyone's panties in a knot.

The 50 in one Electronics kit is designed for the 50 projects you can do with an Arduino. Unfortunately, that's the way it is these days.

Without a decent datasheet, you have to "make one".

Now, you might be able to get the sensor to turn on an LED suing 5mA as the design goal, but that's probbably about it.
the color of the LED will determine Vf in the equation R<=(5-Vf-0.7)/5mA. Do, I know that's will work? No, but some reverse engineering will verify that it should work. So, +5 to a resistor R, and then to an LED and then to ground. The LED might come on with increasing IR or go out with increasing IR.

Checking the voltage at the DO pin would be safer initially.

An "ersatz datasheet" is attached. Comes complete with an Arduino code example.

I'm back after a paper shreading and household hazardous waste event. This thread sure has been noisy. I think there is abit of a Ebglish a second language problem and some misinterpretation of the intent of the thread or not having one thread per sensor.

Attachments

Djsarakar

Joined Jul 26, 2020
I got a little more creative in my searches and low and behold "A schematic". https://www.thegeekpub.com/wiki/sensor-wiki-ky-026-flame-ir-sensor/ Magic! Poof! PS: Don't forget to say thank you.
@KeepItSimpleStupid Big thanks to you.
I was a little scared I thought that the component would not get damaged due to wiring connection. But I made connections with a little courage and I am successful. So now I have tested IR module and multiple colour led

Last edited: