How to tell if EN28J60 is connected to the router

yogesh1990

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hi.. people ... I m implementing an embeded web server using ENC28J60 and PIC18F4550

I implemented the TCP/IP Stack and burned the hex file onto the uC .. How do you tell if your ENC is connected to the router ...

I connected ENC physically to the netgear router using a CAT5E but router did not glow the LED saying a device was connected to ethernet port ?..
Is there something that I'm missing ?

Nor does there is any response from ping requests (I have an ICMP server )

Last edited:

cheezewizz

Joined Apr 16, 2009
Your router should maintain a list of currently connected (and sometimes previously connected) devices. You can normally access this through the web UI for the router, i.e. pointing a we browswer at 192.168.0.254 or whatever the IP of your router.

yogesh1990

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Your router should maintain a list of currently connected (and sometimes previously connected) devices. You can normally access this through the web UI for the router, i.e. pointing a we browswer at 192.168.0.254 or whatever the IP of your router.
Yea.. I can't see it in the list of attached devices page on the router ... Does the ENC need prior programming to even get the router connected to it ?