How to stop an inverter (conveyor belt) with a sensor without plc

mariusd12

Joined Jun 1, 2020
Hi,

I have 2 conveyor belt that is running with 2 inverter at the end of the conveyor is a sensor that when detects a box stop the conveyor.
I can do this without a plc ?
Thanks for your help.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Would be nice to know what motors are involved and exactly what sensor you have. Have the sensor sense the box and stop the conveyor belt drive. That's about it since you provided next to no information.

Ron

mariusd12

Joined Jun 1, 2020
Would be nice to know what motors are involved and exactly what sensor you have. Have the sensor sense the box and stop the conveyor belt drive. That's about it since you provided next to no information.

Ron
Hi,
is a inductive sensor XS518B1PAM12, the motor involved is
0,37- Kw
1.93 –A
0.5- Hp
50- Hz
1370- Rpm

M.

vu2nan

Joined Sep 11, 2014
Small VFDs do have a limited number of digital inputs which may be used for control functions such as 'Start', 'Stop', 'Decelerate' etc.

The inductive sensor output may be connected to one such input for the 'Stop' function.

- Nandu.

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
What are the invertors you are using?
As suggested, the Prox may be connected to a invertor input, but only if the device has sinking inputs, as the Prox is sourcing (PNP).
If a problem, NPN could be used if input is sourcing.
A little more of the circuit would help.!
Max.

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
Now I'm no expert on this subject but we used to use IR emitters and detectors to do this when I built sawmill equipment.
Now of course ours were hooked to a PLC And I might be mistaken but I don't think you have to use a PLC to have them work.
When the beam was broke it cut the power to the source and we also used limit switches in certain areas. It could be wired NC and when the limit switch is tripped it cuts the source.
Brzrkr

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Now I'm no expert on this subject but we used to use IR emitters and detectors to do this when I built sawmill equipment.
Now of course ours were hooked to a PLC And I might be mistaken but I don't think you have to use a PLC to have them work.
I would not of thought that necessary, there is typically nothing mysterious about PLC inputs, typically a sink or source selectable opto input .
Max.