how to start first program in c of microcontroler

W4GNS

Joined Dec 1, 2008
Start by finding the datasheet for your uC at Microchip. Read it, then read it again, and then you're ready to read it one more time.
No, I'm NOT kidding...................

Start by finding the datasheet for your uC at Microchip. Read it, then read it again, and then you're ready to read it one more time.
No, I'm NOT kidding...................
Microchip have a habit of putting the bits you need to set up the PIC all over the place in various registers !
So this is good advice.

raychar

Joined Nov 8, 2011
A good book which usually comes along with microcontroller board does have a lot of testing examples for beginners to follow and test.
BTW, assembly language should be learnt prior as it is a basic thing in doing programing and must be need in future.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
hi ,
i m new. i need help how to start my first program of pic microcontoler is anyone help me with all procedure of connetion & all.
Learn javascript first. It is a C-type language. Experiment. Look at existing source codes and try to understand some of their internal workings.

PICs are difficult- you need to understand about Ohms law, electronic components, LCDs, power supply etc.

If you don't yet properly understand these prerequisites, and also don't know how to use C, chances are good you'll get locked in a loop.

Alternatively, buy a evalution kit. They always include some example source codes.

Javascript is not difficult as such once you understand how it is inserted into HTML, and how it is using the DOM.

And then rather think- What do you want to build using a PIC, and a C firmware? It that's clear, you will have it more easy to start writing code.

Alternatively, attend a professional course for PICs, and/or buy some books (Myself I never used any books for PIC technology but I think it is adviseable).