how to start BULK protocol

umeshforum

Joined Jan 27, 2011
Hi I Umesh new to USB protocol.
I am using the philip's PDIUSBD12 USB controller for USB communication.
I have written the firmware for it. I have already designed device which works properly ie it sends & receive the data through USB port. I want to design the same device using above IC, It is enumerating properly and giving msg "Device Configured". after that the host sends vendor endpoint request and i dont know how to respond to it?..... after that it should ask for device ID string and i have to send it, and it also i dont know how to send?..... I have to use bulk transfer protocol, how to initiate it?..... please guide me.....

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
You need to have a vendor ID and Device ID. Philips should have a general one for development & prototype use on their site, in addition to the necessary OS drivers for various platforms. There's a bit of a process to go through to get your own, which isn't free.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
My experience is limited to a few protocols,

Once configured, the host can move to the bulk endpoints, but I'm not aware of a protocol that will send a command on one endpoint, expecting a response on another. So if your recieving commands over the control endpoint, responses are made on the control. If the host sends commands over the bulk out, you respond on the bulk in.