How to setup limit switches to continuous rotation servo motor, on camera slider

Feankie1331

Joined Dec 13, 2015
Using parallax continuous rotation servo motor. Into a controller. Powered by 4 AA batteries. How would I wire the limit switches? Either to the controller or battery? I'm a total newbie with electrics. And more visual, but I do try to follow written instructions. Electronic schemes mean nothing to me, sorry to say. Thanks for any help!
Servo motor is pulling a belt with 2 pulley on each end of Camera slider. I want to stop the carriage at each end. IF, or is it possible to to make servo to automatically reverse? I'm going for the stopping first solution. Thanks

Feankie1331

Joined Dec 13, 2015
Does your controller have inputs for limit switches?.. if so.. then hook them up to that I'd say..
The controller has one battery input, then there are 4 outputs. One is for the motor. I have no clue of how to hook them up then. There are 3 prongs on the limit switches. I've tried a few things with no results

Feankie1331

Joined Dec 13, 2015
Basically. I need to know how to wire the 3 pronged limit switches to the battery, and or the servo motor. I have a Parallax continuous rotation servo. A servo control tester, as the controller. And 4 AA batteries powering it all. The motor is pulling a camera Carriage on a Igus rail system. I want to 1. Make the carriage Stop at the either end of slider. 2. Or reverse direction when it pushes on the switch. All I'm hoping, right now, is it stop at limit switches. Thanks Frankie

Feankie1331

Joined Dec 13, 2015
I figured out how to stop. Connecting to the "C" and "NC" on each switch. Input into the controller/testers output, but not using the ground post. Stops the carriage like a charm!