How To Repair and Fix Wet Water Damaged Mobile Phone

ritabos

Joined Jul 26, 2018
If you mobile got wet or had a water damaged, follow this instant tips for repair.

1.Switch off the mobile phone, remove back cover and battery.
2.By using mobile screwdiver, disassemble the mobile phone.
3. If the water is on display board, then you will also have to disassemble and remove the display.
4.Keep the disassembled mobile phone in sunlight and let it dry naturally.
5.IPA solution or spirit, clean the circuit carefully. This prevents corrosion on the PCB.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
I had made it bit another way. SIC! Most of natural waters are invaded by salts, minerals, biologic contamination etc etc thus it resistance is ca 100 Ohm per mm. If one let dry it naturally, salts will not evaporate, thus the first moisture in air and humidity will make a dark side of job.
Instead, after total diaaggregating the phone (and with battery away) I immerse the phone in bidistillate, if possible in de-ionized distillate and then one night on the heating radiators, and then 5 minutes at vacuum chamber. Some 0,001 Torr is more than enough let all the tiniest gaps will lost the water. Until now it worked well, IF phone was not already damaged whilst first seconds.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
The sole phone I could recover was an old Motorola with foldable cover. Left it over the hood (car parked under the sun - hot summer day). Three hours later when going back home after reinstalling the battery, worked OK. Not so lucky with two previous ones that technical service not even considered because had been wet.

ritabos

Joined Jul 26, 2018
Accidentally, My phone got dropped into the water, So tried those tips. Hence shared the tips with you all.I tried the mention tips but my phone was badly damaged. So searched mobile repairing centre and got my phone repaired. On this mobile repairing centre , I found number of mobile repair centre near me and look for the best one through reviews. It proofed for me very beneficial.

Moderators note : removed commercial link

Last edited by a moderator: