How to read schematic for potentiometer?

dmc0162

Joined Dec 13, 2007
Sorry for the newbie question, I don't have any experience with this kind of stuff. Here is the schematic I am working with:

I am soldering it all together on a little PC board from radioshack. I just need help with the pots. The pots I bought have 3 connectors on them, and look just like this:

I am confused as to which of these prongs corresponds to the schematic (which pins are what). If anybody could lead me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Almost all of them are made like the picture. Use a meter to get resistance readings with the wiper in different positions to be sure.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009

I am confused as to which of these prongs corresponds to the schematic (which pins are what). If anybody could lead me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Pretty much just as they look in the schematic. The center goes to your switch, one end goes to ground the other to the cap.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
It should be noted that you may choose to connect the ends of the potentiometer in either orientation as already mentioned. The difference between the two orientations will be the direction of rotation on the pot's shaft that will represent an increase in the potentiometer.

hgmjr