How to read contents of a PROM?

Jayasanka Bandara

Joined Mar 4, 2022
My mother has a washing machine model no: LG WFS65A01DCT. One day; I found it's main pcb schematic from a website called servicemanuals.us.

The schematic is somewhat blury; but I will post it below! But, What I want to know is that how can I read the PROM/EPROM contents and store it for future reference? Like the pcb seems too pricy and hard to find! The original main board had IC TMP87CH46N.

But, 7 years ago, the main pcb was damaged by cockroaches and we had to replace it with a new one. It had a different IC TMP87PH46NG (is it different?). I do only have a Lancos's PonyProg Serial DB9 to EEPROM programmer(using an old win 7 PC)! Which I uses to program ATMega32, 24Cxx and much more(using AVRDUDE and PonyProg).

Schematic of the washer Main Board
WFS65A01DCT_schematic_TMP87CH46N.pngSo is it possible to read this IC without taking it apart from the PCB?
(I could only understand VDD, VSS, SO, SI, SCK, PWM, RESET and analog/digital pins!)

Attachments

Jayasanka Bandara

Joined Mar 4, 2022
Hi people; So is it impossible to,
1. Read this IC/MCU without taking it out?
2. Read this IC/MCU with a normal USB to Serial or a Serial port on the back of the PC?

Does it says that it can be locked by burning off some fuses and prevent even from reading it?

And a small question; what does the IC211 (93C46) does? (It seems there for saving the last state while in a power outage; ours doesn't have that!)

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
So is it impossible to,
1. Read this IC/MCU without taking it out?
2. Read this IC/MCU with a normal USB to Serial or a Serial port on the back of the PC?
No. This is only possible when in-circuit programming capabilities have been designed in.
Does it says that it can be locked by burning off some fuses and prevent even from reading it?
I didn't see that in the first page of the datasheet. From what I read, it said it programs and verifies the same as a 27256 EPROM. I'm only aware of one EPROM that could be read locked and it never became a product. I worked with the guy who designed it.