How to Play Snakes and Ladders?

Shafty

Joined Apr 25, 2023
But in Office...

HR Department wants me to give technical trainings to the Operations People. Even my Boss is ready to grant permission for that, but not her bosses and the aboves. due to some silly "non-technical" stuffs like office politics. How to come above?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
But in Office...

HR Department wants me to give technical trainings to the Operations People. Even my Boss is ready to grant permission for that, but not her bosses and the aboves. due to some silly "non-technical" stuffs like office politics. How to come above?
I can think of a number of reasons why that might be the case. Probably the #1 reason is that they see such training as a time waster with little to no ability to improve the productivity of the trainees. They might be right, or they might be wrong, but they are in charge, so it really doesn't matter. Are their motives really that opaque to you? If so, I'd be watching my backside closely cuz it's about to get lopped off.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
What type of technical training would you give?
Do you think it would really help those being trained to do their job significantly better?